Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Is it 9 already? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  08:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like things are not getting any better but at least the new kid Nilsson scored a goal.

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  09:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Nilsson gave Edmonton a bit of an energy last night
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  11:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at the game last night. Man, that was a tough one. The Oilers really didn't play that poorly, but you can see the obvious lack of experience on the ice.

I was very impressed with your Nilsson. He's going to be a player. Little weak defensively, but fast, good hands, and great vision. I could see him being a playmaking Hemsky type of player on the 2nd line very soon.

Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  23:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone nocticed how well MAB has been doing in Long Island? I am certain that he could never play that well in Edmonton. He has the potential to be a really good offensive defenseman. This, to me, says that the Oilers are not lacking skill. To me the problem lies in coaching, or even managment. I like KLowe. I think he is doing his best, but nothing could make me happier than see Craig MacTavish fired at the end of the season. Then have him replaced with some one outside the Oilers system. Not Huddy Simpson or Moores.

Oh & just a little FYI the oilers have many first round picks next draft. As it sits right now Edmonton has 8th pick. If they keep losing we get CHI & CBJ to win 2 more each then we have 5th pick overall. (I'm asuming that PHI, PHX, WSH, & LAK all have a first round pick). I'm cheering for Edmonton to lose. Here's to next year!! Cheers!

Edited by - lyall on 03/16/2007 23:22:18
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  23:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow talk about people jumping as far away from the Mactavish bandwagon, when he lead you guys to the cup finals i dont remember you saying s*** like that, i believe you were all priasing him, I think edmonton shouldnt have traded pronger.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

lyall
PickupHockey Pro

360 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  23:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never once have I praised the likes of MacTavish. No matter how far we got last season, I was still dissapointed when MacT got a contract.

"I Was So Happy I Gave Kerry Fraser A Hug" -Bill Guerin
Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  07:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with lyall, mact doesn't seem to be able to get guys to preform.
Maybe a new coach could motivate them to do something.
MAB is a good example, in fact a lot of players seem to get better after they leave the oilers.
I think they need to clean up the coaching staff and even klowe.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  14:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

Is it 9 already?

No, it's actually about 5:15

Hahahaha
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  15:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

Has anyone nocticed how well MAB has been doing in Long Island? I am certain that he could never play that well in Edmonton. He has the potential to be a really good offensive defenseman. This, to me, says that the Oilers are not lacking skill. To me the problem lies in coaching, or even managment. I like KLowe. I think he is doing his best, but nothing could make me happier than see Craig MacTavish fired at the end of the season. Then have him replaced with some one outside the Oilers system. Not Huddy Simpson or Moores.

Oh & just a little FYI the oilers have many first round picks next draft. As it sits right now Edmonton has 8th pick. If they keep losing we get CHI & CBJ to win 2 more each then we have 5th pick overall. (I'm asuming that PHI, PHX, WSH, & LAK all have a first round pick). I'm cheering for Edmonton to lose. Here's to next year!! Cheers!

You have to remember that it is a draft lottery. Edmonton is not guaranteed anything yet.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page