Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Does Naslund give a damn? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  09:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me, or does it seem lately that Naslund is just going through the motions lately?
Early in the season it was not uncommon to see him actually backchecking, blocking shots, and playing sound defensive hockey. Sure, his offensive numbers were down, but his all-around game was solid and as good as anyone else's on the team.
Lately, well... I can't remember the last time I saw him more than once or twice per game. He never shows up on defensive zone highlights, and his puck possession game has dwindled to near slow motion proportions. And what about that shoot out where he actually missed the puck in the face off circle? That about sums him up lately.
Is he injured? Does he miss Bert? Is he upset we didn't get Forsberg? Whatever it is, he is not living up to his multimillion dollar salary, and it's extremely frustrating as a fan to see your Captain, and arguably your best player "floating" out there.
Like I said, is it just me...?

Guest4040
( )

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  18:19:22  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've noticed that too. But lately hes been doing good with his offense. It might not show in the scoreboards but he's gradually picking up his speed and puckhandling skills. He's getting more shots to the net too. I personally think he misses bert. I also like the way Vineault(hope thats how you spell it) is coaching the club. Hes not scared to bench his star player for a little mistake. I think when he benched Naslund for two powerplays in the Blues game he really picked it up. Kudos to Alain for the huge turnaround for this team.

im actually gonna make a thread about Vineault. Juts let me find out how to spell his name
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  19:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4040 why on earth dont you have an account? and that game was agaisnt the Wings, I think Naslund cares, I think hes had trouble jumping from linemates to linemates when he had the same set linemates for so many years that they built chemistry and Naslund hasnt been able to really build chemistry with anyone.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  04:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4040 you really need an account! But Naslund does look like hes out in a free skate. Its weird, but mabe he dosnt care anymore.
Go to Top of Page

dummy101
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  04:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not think Naslund has been right since Moore hit him,he's more worried about watching for head hunters than playing the puck.His scoring has been way down and play in general compared to the 3-4 seasons prior to Moore's head shot.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  07:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dummy101

I do not think Naslund has been right since Moore hit him,he's more worried about watching for head hunters than playing the puck.His scoring has been way down and play in general compared to the 3-4 seasons prior to Moore's head shot.

Yeah, thats true but that hit was Naslunds fault. He reached for the puck and Moore had him lined up. I dont think you could call Moore a head hunter.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  10:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

quote:

Yeah, thats true but that hit was Naslunds fault. He reached for the puck and Moore had him lined up. I dont think you could call Moore a head hunter.

Hes not calling moore a head hunter nessicarally hes saying he's watching for them.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  10:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

quote:

Hes not calling moore a head hunter nessicarally hes saying he's watching for them.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Yeah, I read that wrong.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page