Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Todd Fedoruk Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  16:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man is this guy having a tough year. First he gets KO'D by Derek Boogard and now by Colton Orr. He is my enforcer this year too. He has gotten me decent points but is injured way to often.

Here are his not-so-memorable fights of the year.

Boogard vs Fedoruk- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhmcoxibe3c

Orr vs Fedoruk- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfl75-WaV6A

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  16:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he needs to chase the puck, it does not bite back as hard...well it could bounce of his glass jaw, that might hurt...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  16:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the TSN article about Orr's punch on Fedoruk yesterday. Looks like he's going to be OK.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=201049&hubname=
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  17:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Beans, he was your buddy. Do you think he'll keep fighting?
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  17:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha...he may have been the toughest at age 15, but he sure is taking a beating at age 28. What goes around comes around, eh?
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  18:30:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he wants to be a hockey analyst, bumps on the head seem to be the quickest way to get there...

I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy…
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  06:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has definately had a tough year. He will never stop fighting. If he is playing, he will fight. That's his game. He will go with anyone at any time. He's not in the same league as Laraque or Boogard but he will go anyway. He's been like that for ever. Not sure if he will be back or not. He is a UFA and some teams might be sacred of the uncertainty of his future.

And Mik, he has had a couple of bad fights this year. Every fighter does. The shot he took would have put anyone down. But check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvE3R0YT7tk

Some of is was dirty but most of it is awesome!

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/23/2007 07:01:04
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  12:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow poor guy broke his cheek bone and gets knocked out well hope he don't stop fighting paybacks a B!tch

Edited by - 1 Crosby fan on 03/23/2007 12:42:28
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  12:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tough breaks for the guy....he'll be back tho...one of the only players on the flyers i have respect for
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  14:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd really got punched hard in both. At least he still fights. I doubt he will back down from fighting.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  14:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a look at what he thinks a possible solution is. Ridiculous!
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=294172&page=NewsPage&service=page
If you keep getting hammered when you're in a fight, maybe, just maybe you should quit fighting.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  15:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey C'mon Willus, the guy just got knocked out, his head is not working right.

And I think you missed the point entirely. He is saying that if they want to do something about fighting, they should look at ways to lessen the impact of the blows. His main point was that the NHL should not take fighting out of the game.

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  15:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand he was just coming up with a solution for them. I just think it's a ridiculous solution. As much as fighting is a part of hockey it isn't a legal part of hockey. If you fight you are penalized. If they said to the enforcers , "hey you guys wear gloves so you don't hurt yourselves when you choose to pummel one another" it would be just a little hypocritical.
The only thing that would solve this is a league wide change in attitudes, of everyone, from GM's to players. The idea that there needs to be an enforcer on your team needs to stop being perpetuated. Look at the size of the monsters they have for enforcers. Guys that size with that much strength in a bare fisted fight are going to do serious damage. There was a time when you had to take care of yourself and if you couldn't you didn't play. So you had regular guys fighting each other, usually with far less damage.
But I know this will never change now. It's accepted now to waste a roster position on an enforcer who otherwise has no business being in the league.
Then I also look at it and say, let them beat the snot out of each other. They're just enforcers who rarely contribute to a good play. Who cares if they break their faces and heads.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  17:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

I think he wants to be a hockey analyst, bumps on the head seem to be the quickest way to get there...

Either that or he wants to be in the Toronto media
Hahahahaha
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  07:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob Probert 6'3" 225 lbs
Dave Semenko 6'3" 215 lbs
Dave Brown 6'5" 205 lbs

Todd Fedoruk 6'2" 235 lbs
Georges Laraque 6'3" 240 lbs
Donald Brashear 6'2" 225 lbs

I think you are right that the players are bigger and stronger. The dedication to physical training is much higher now than in the 80's and before. But even read what Fedoruk said, he (and many others) actually train to fight in the off season. That something that didn't happen before. These guys are training on how to hurt people better.

I agree that there needs to be a change in attitude. Why is it that when players never wore helmets, you didn't see this kind of thing happen?? Maybe I am being naive, but I don't remember or hear much about people getting taken off on stretchers from hits or fights in the old days. Players are a lot more reckless and fearless today. And there is a huge lack of respect between players.

But even watching a guy like Wendel Clark or Dave Semen or Dave Robert. They were punching guys with everything they had and you didn't see this kind of thing either. Maybe players are just big wimps these days.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page