Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Tampa Bay
 Brewer signed by Tampa Bay Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BucketHead
Top Prospect

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  13:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369866
4 year 16 million. i like this. Brewer is a solid D-man.

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  16:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good pick up, for a decent price too! Stevie Y is really changing things around there.

But is a big name going to leave Tampa Bay, that is the question . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  17:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

With a little less than $8M cap space left, I thought they might be fine...until I saw the list of players they have left to sign!! Yikes! They have to let some guys go!
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  18:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

quote:

With a little less than $8M cap space left, I thought they might be fine...until I saw the list of players they have left to sign!! Yikes! They have to let some guys go!

A quick perusal of a different Cap site shows that those figures may be inaccurate....maybe no-one's leaving Tampa after all!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2011 :  06:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

A quick perusal of a different Cap site shows that those figures may be inaccurate....maybe no-one's leaving Tampa after all!

I only said that on account of Lecavalier getting shopped last year - they may be ok for cap, actually, you are right.

They still desperately need a goalie. Vokoun may or may not be that guy for Stevie Y, and who knows, they might opt to trade Lecavalier and pick up some young goalies and additional scoring punch.

I had totally forgotten that Brewer had been traded to TB at the deadline, lol, so I guess it was more of a re-signing. Good depth signing.

But the way Stevie Y first made an impact with the Bolts, I have to think there are more moves ahead. He seems very proactive as a GM.

Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  16:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There certainly appears to be a lot more activity on the horizon!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  23:48:56  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I only said that on account of Lecavalier getting shopped last year - they may be ok for cap, actually, you are right.

They still desperately need a goalie. Vokoun may or may not be that guy for Stevie Y, and who knows, they might opt to trade Lecavalier and pick up some young goalies and additional scoring punch.

I had totally forgotten that Brewer had been traded to TB at the deadline, lol, so I guess it was more of a re-signing. Good depth signing.

But the way Stevie Y first made an impact with the Bolts, I have to think there are more moves ahead. He seems very proactive as a GM.

They have Roloson for another year, so goaltending is probably good for now. Stamkos is probably their biggest issue this offseason
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  07:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You think Roloson will play those 50, 60 quality starts they'll need?

I doubt it. Rollie the goalie looked great in the playoffs, but I think he'll fall to injuries and ordinary play in the regular season. He's played a lot of hockey, and he's old.

I have to think Yzerman is looking for a good deal on a good young goalie.

Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  11:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You think Roloson will play those 50, 60 quality starts they'll need?

I doubt it. Rollie the goalie looked great in the playoffs, but I think he'll fall to injuries and ordinary play in the regular season. He's played a lot of hockey, and he's old.

I have to think Yzerman is looking for a good deal on a good young goalie.

Agreed.

There is no way that signing Rolo for a single season is the answer to their goaltending woes.
I also find it strange that they have a significant handful of players yet to be resigned, so I think they will do everything it takes to keep Stamkos.
This all seems to be adding up to a huge trade on the horizon by Tampa, and I wouldn't expect that it'll be Stamkos that gets traded.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page