Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 POLL: Seperate G.O.A.T. draft results poll Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  19:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Submit your vote for best "Greatest of all-time" team (Seperate Draft). Which team has the best combination of offense, defense, and grit. Who should win the S.G.O.A.T cup!?

Teams can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/tctitans/

Note too that you can go to the 'Draft' tab to see how the draft unfolded, or you can go to the 'Lines' tab so see how each GM would set up their lines and perhaps have some insight into why they drafted who they did.

Results:
TCTitans   [24%] 5 votes
Saku Steen   [10%] 2 votes
Leafsfan_101   [33%] 7 votes
Canucks Man   [10%] 2 votes
Kashmire   [0%] 0 votes
Patchy   [24%] 5 votes

Poll Status: Open  »»   Total Votes: 21 counted  »»   Last Vote: 05/16/2007 14:17:31 

Edited by - tctitans on 04/01/2007 22:10:13

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a tough decision for me. I give the edge to TC Titans over Saku Steen.
I'd juggle the lines a bit myself but two great teams there.
TC I'm assuming you have Neely to protect Gretzky?
Kudos to Leafsfan as well for having the most potent scoring line. That would have been something to see.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's Patchy, mainly because he has the best defensive core in my eyes, along with possibly the two best goalies ever. He has four solid lines with an equal amount of grit, playmaking and finish.

The only change I would have made to suit my style a little more would have been to take Schneider off PP2 and replacing him with Boom Boom. In his place I would have put Mogilny. But I respect Patchy's choice.

Great picking Patchy.
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea Geoffrion would have been good on the point. Thanks babs.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When are we closing the poll?
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does CM or Saku have Maurice Richard? They both have him, is one supposed to be Henri?
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But i also think Patchy has the best team, He has some amazing group of forwards that fill all needs in playmaking,scoring and grit. He also has a good group of defenseman (although i wouldn't have picked Jovo), they may not be the most offensive but are still a good group And to round it off has 2 amazing goalies (not to say everyones goalies aren't).

Nice picking Patchy and you had last pick!
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

It was a tough decision for me. I give the edge to TC Titans over Saku Steen.
I'd juggle the lines a bit myself but two great teams there.
TC I'm assuming you have Neely to protect Gretzky?
Kudos to Leafsfan as well for having the most potent scoring line. That would have been something to see.

Yes, kinda. Gretzky did what he did with a one-timing sniper and an enforcer on his wings. So I put Gretz with the best one-timing goal scorer of all time in Hull (might just be the best pure scorer ever), and Cam Neely, a true true heavy-weight power forward who could not only score, but would certainly not make it easy for anyone to cheapshot Gretzky.

Edited by - tctitans on 04/04/2007 10:07:50
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks oil!

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  20:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

Does CM or Saku have Maurice Richard? They both have him, is one supposed to be Henri?

my fault. Saku has Henri Richard. I'll update it now.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  22:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me make something clear. There is no need to thank everyone after every vote/compliment you get. I'm not just saying you Patchy, that goes for everyone. If you want to comment on any likes/dislikes people have of your team, perfect.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  05:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me, it was a tie between Saku and TC. Saku has some great defence, while TC has amazing offence. Your goalies are about the same.

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  10:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked Leaffans team. Looks deep all the way through, and appears to be guys that would play very well together. With the exception of Lemieux and Hull, there is not much ego there. Solid defense. Solid Goalies. That's my pick
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  15:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if maybe Admin could make this the feature poll for a week or so or until the other GOAT draft puts up thier poll. If it could be up for at least 1 week that would be great. Thanks.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  18:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for leafs fan. He has a rock solid offence as well as a strong defensive core.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  18:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TcTitans is a close second because of his very strong defence.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  23:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

TcTitans is a close second because of his very strong defence.

I must say that I'm happy that someone acknowledged my defense. :) I believe that a strong defense is paramount and built my team around this (you can tell by the number of Dmen I picked early in the draft). Funny, in the "best Dman of the modern era after orr" thread, 5 out of 6 of my Dmen on my team were under discussion (to be fair thou, I was the one promoting Fetisov in the debate).

Anyways, this poll is pretty close and that's a good thing... makes things interesting!!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  15:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

I voted for leafs fan. He has a rock solid offence as well as a strong defensive core.

Thank you LRP and welcome to the forums.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  15:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafsfan_101 got my vote, his team is full of GOAT players, I find it difficult to select players that have only played a few years in the league, and then to consider them GOAT players, I can't sorry...

The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way...
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  15:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

Leafsfan_101 got my vote, his team is full of GOAT players, I find it difficult to select players that have only played a few years in the league, and then to consider them GOAT players, I can't sorry...

I completely agree. I did my own personal analysis in the S.G.O.A.T thread of all the players that I didnt think were GOAT worthy... at least not GOAT worthy... YET.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  16:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

Well I respect that PuckNuts, and I don't blame you one bit. But see I'm only 18 and it was hard for me to choose players I haven't seen (or even heard of) because I have no way of comparing them. I had never heard of Andy Bathgate (my 4th-line centre) before I did some research to select him, and I grew up in Winnipeg, where he's from. So I won't lie, my selections were either based on players that were well-known to be the best of their time (Shore, Richard, Morenz, Sawchuk) or I picked the players that were the best of MY time (that I would know). That's why all but one of my defensemen are active D-men, because they are the ones I can compare, and as I know them they are the best active defensemen that were available.

I know this isn't about our draft but my point is that for us younger members, I know it was hard to do. Look at Mik's forwards, they're mostly active players. So in defense of said younger members, we may lose some votes, but to us our teams seem to be pretty damn good.

Take Nicklas Lidstrom for example. There are two ways of comparing him: Relatively to his era, or relatively to other defensemen. In my eyes, Nicklas Lidstrom HAS to be one of the most skilled defensemen to ever play hockey, RELATIVE to other defensemen. Did he have the same impact in his era as Bobby Orr did? Absolutely not, but you can't truthfully tell me that Lidstrom is not as skilled as a Shore, or as a Horton, etc. by lateral comparison.

Sorry guys, I realize I went a little off track, but again my main point is in that middle paragraph. If anyone wants to respond to this, the best place would be the GOAT discussion thread in the Hockey History forum.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 04/03/2007 16:59:23
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  17:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woah! I'm failing miserably. EEE. I thought I had great defense with checkers defensive defensemen and some forwards storng for the PK.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  22:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

Woah! I'm failing miserably. EEE. I thought I had great defense with checkers defensive defensemen and some forwards storng for the PK.

Don't worry Kashmire. There is no failing here. All the teams are so close that it's very hard for everyone to pick who they think is best. All the teams are full of stars. Sometimes someone will pick a team with their favorite players on the team. Some people dont really know all the players. It's really hard to get a real result of who has the best team, especially using this voting forum. :) Mostly, it's all for fun! :)

Edited by - tctitans on 04/03/2007 22:40:45
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  15:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Votes are going a little slow. Great choices by everyone though, I think we did the GOAT draft justice. Admin, maybe culd you make this a feature poll??

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  16:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was a bit of a dissapointment to me. I was hoping there would be a lot of response to it.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  16:43:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

This was a bit of a dissapointment to me. I was hoping there would be a lot of response to it.

My thought is that most people are too lazy to respond. :) It's not a 10 second excercise to read a few lines and respond with a few lines. Someone has to go to the website, download the teams, read all the teams carefully, analyze the teams, look again, .. ...

that just might be more work that most people are willing to sign up for...
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  19:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow this poll isn't getting much traffic eh?
VOTE, PEOPLE!!

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  03:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

Wow this poll isn't getting much traffic eh?
VOTE, PEOPLE!!

~~Go Leafs Go~~

I dunno, 17 is quite a bit,

COME ON PEOPLE LEAVE COMMENTS

Viktor Kozlov is also my hero!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  16:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was a real big dissapointment

My life pretty much was stopped when this happened and only a couple of people voted.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  06:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping to get this back on the first page. We need more votes and if this was the feature poll it would help greatly.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  17:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C'mon lets get some more votes. Its 5 mins of your life pplz, a vote would certainly help. And again Admin PLZ make this feature poll.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  11:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets just forget about it. It was the biggest waste of my time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page