Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Postseason - West Preview Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  11:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darryl Dobbs' latest article Postseason - West Preview is now available! It's a very good read. Post your comments!

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1864

Thanks gang!

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  12:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good insight. I like how he said that Pavelski’s and Clowe’s point production will drop because of Guerin. Interesting.

I see that he agrees with me that Vancouver is all Luongo. Naslund better do something or the team is done early.

I thought that him saying Datsyuk should be left alone for someone else to pick up in your pool was a bit lame though. I know he showed poorly in the playoffs last year but he has been picking up steam as the season wore on and I think Datsyuk would be a prime pick if you have Detroit to go deep.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  13:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pavelski's and Clowe's productions already have dropped because with SJ's lines "1A" and "1B", they get much less ice time. Mind you Pavelski played with Marleau and Bell a bit last night and he got an assist for it.

Datsyuk's playoff woes go beyond just last year. Last weekend when I was watching the Wings vs. Ducks game on TV, they showed that Datsyuk only has like 3G, 9A in 45+ playoff games (give or take). Of course he gets better every year, but one cannot help having low expectations from him. BUT, if he does decide to show up, it could swing Detroit's fate in the opposite direction because he has that gamebreaker quality.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  13:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny as it may be, of the teams in the Western Conference, Detroit is one of the ones that I am the least concerned about. I just dont see them having a good 'playoff lineup'. Too many soft players that will tend to disappear come playoff style hockey.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  13:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not scared of them either, Sharks have dominated them for the last couple years. This year they were 3-1 against them, scoring 17 goals in the three wins, including a game of 5 PP goals, and one of 6!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  13:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

Funny as it may be, of the teams in the Western Conference, Detroit is one of the ones that I am the least concerned about. I just dont see them having a good 'playoff lineup'. Too many soft players that will tend to disappear come playoff style hockey.

I agree, I would much rather the Flames play Detroit over Anaheim,, Nashville or SJS.

What do you think about Dallas with Modano and Morrow back and strong? Does this team have a real chance?
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  14:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh
What do you think about Dallas with Modano and Morrow back and strong? Does this team have a real chance?

As painful as it is for me to say it, I agree. I don't think they are ready for the teams....but I still have hope that they will pull through

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page