Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 pool help Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  15:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't normally ask for help with my pools...but i go in one every year where we simply have to pick any 20 players in the league, 1 point = 1 point. I already know 19 of the guys i'm taking, but am having trouble deciding on final pick. Just curious what you folks on here think. The guys i'm considering are...

Bobby Ryan
Jarome Iginla
Matt Duchene
Henrik Zetterberg
Marian Gaborik

Edited by - ryan93 on 10/07/2011 15:54:39

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  15:53:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
duchene and zetterburg for me, but you really cant go wrong with any of them.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  15:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just realized i forgot to write Evgeni Malkin down!! So yeah, i had to edit my original post
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  18:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

I just realized i forgot to write Evgeni Malkin down!! So yeah, i had to edit my original post

What? Was Malkin on the list? Malkin i'd have for sure, everyone's expecting a pretty good season out of him! As for the others, i'd avoid Z and Gaborik, if for no other reasons than injuries and i'd prob go with Ryan, Iginla and Duchene, in that order.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  19:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No i meant i forgot Malkin altogether, he's definitely in my top 20. I'm one of the people who think he's going to have a monster season.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4038
( )

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  20:32:20  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

I don't normally ask for help with my pools...but i go in one every year where we simply have to pick any 20 players in the league, 1 point = 1 point. I already know 19 of the guys i'm taking, but am having trouble deciding on final pick. Just curious what you folks on here think. The guys i'm considering are...

Bobby Ryan
Jarome Iginla
Matt Duchene
Henrik Zetterberg
Marian Gaborik

from this list my first choice would be Bobby Ryan, then Matt Duchene. everyone else would be a distant 3rd.....
Go to Top of Page

Guest4059
( )

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  10:42:29  Reply with Quote
Bobby Ryan
Jarome Iginla
Matt Duchene
Henrik Zetterberg
Marian Gaborik

My first choice here is Malkin. He can make 10 more points than others players while miss 10 or 15 games.

Second are Zetterberg or Iginla. Both are consistent point producer

Third are Ryan or Duchene. Two players with strong upside but Selanne play again this year and cut pp time to Ryan. Duchene is great but Colorado is very weak this year.

Last pick is Gaborik. The injury risk is simply too important.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4059
( )

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  10:43:07  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4059

My first choice here is Malkin. He can make 10 more points than others players while miss 10 or 15 games.

Second are Zetterberg or Iginla. Both are consistent point producer

Third are Ryan or Duchene. Two players with strong upside but Selanne play again this year and cut pp time to Ryan. Duchene is great but Colorado is very weak this year.

Last pick is Gaborik. The injury risk is simply too important.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2748
( )

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  12:24:38  Reply with Quote
the fact that you say that 19 of 20's guyrs are picked and you are trying to decide for your 20th pick to be one of these guys makes me question your hockey knowledge. ryan, iginla, zetterberg are all top five guys to have in a pool. unless your doing a box style pool i would say your in some serious trouble. hahah good luck
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  15:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's simply pick any 20 players in the league...pretty well every guy in the pool will have at least 10 of the same guys.

We have until Friday to have our lists in, so i'm not even sure on the 19 number, may make a few changes before all is said in done.

As for who the other guys are Guest2748...

Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Eric Staal
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
Pavel Datsyuk
Anze Kopitar
Ilya Kovalchuk
Zach Parise
Brad Richards
Claude Giroux
Evgeni Malkin
Joe Thornton
Martin St.Louis
Steve Stamkos
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Alex Ovechkin
Nick Backstrom
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  23:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2748

the fact that you say that 19 of 20's guyrs are picked and you are trying to decide for your 20th pick to be one of these guys makes me question your hockey knowledge. ryan, iginla, zetterberg are all top five guys to have in a pool. unless your doing a box style pool i would say your in some serious trouble. hahah good luck

Really? "ryan, iginla, zetterberg are all TOP FIVE guys to have in a pool"??? TOP 5???

Please send me an invite to ANY pool you participate in!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page