Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 leafs first line Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs first line is terrible except for sundin. the line is antropov sundin and ponikarovsky i mean antropov cant shoot or pass ponikarovsky cant shoot or pass sundin can shoot and pass but he has nobody to pass to. if the line was tucker-sundin-wellwood then sundin would have more goals and assists.

Go Leafs Go

Edited by - bablaboushka on 04/06/2007 11:56:36

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you watched the game last night you would've seen that they dominated the Isles with that line, and it was mostly poni and antropov cycling the puck and moving it around. It's not a terrible line.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you kidding poni and antropov sucked last night

Go Leafs Go
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They did much better than the others did. They had the Isles in their own zone for over a minute and they had several quality scoring oppertunities. Can you tell me why they sucked last night, I would like to know your reason..

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
because antropov cant clear the puck he gave it right to them for a goal and poni was just standing there the whole game doing nothing

Go Leafs Go
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Antropov you might be right about, but Ponikarovsky I think played a great game, he generated some great chances, he had Dubie beat on that breakaway, except he got hooked (hence the penalty). I'm actually happy with that line, they've been putting points up.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah but poni rarely plays a great game

Go Leafs Go
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
leafs fan what goal did antropov cause? And ever hear about spreading the offence. They cant put all the big guns on the same line it makes no sense what you are saying.If your going to comment on the leafs maybe you should actually watch the game.

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they can put tucker on the first line and poni on the 3 line
and btw i did watch the game
Go Leafs Go

Edited by - leafsfan1 on 04/06/2007 08:57:53
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  08:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you not see near the end of the game Antropov double shifting. Thats Paul Maurice rewarding him for a hard played game. And also of course Sundin would have more points if he was with wellwood and Tucker but its not all about individual stats.You should know you are a leafs fan.... arent you.

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  09:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just think that those three have great chemistry and same with tucker and his linemates, it might not be a good idea to split up the lines, especially going into the last game of the season..

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  09:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That line is great. They are the best line in the league for puck conrtol! Poni, Sundin, Antrapov. They are huge and they can all pass. I don't think your watching the game with your eyes and reading the movement with your brain. You're probably just mad that Tucker isn't with Sundin and I think out first line shouldn't change. You say that Poni and Antrapov can't pass or shoot...How do you think Sundin is getting all his assists? Sundin has been the one underperforming. He has got ALOT of shots on net these last 2 weeks and hasn't gotten much in lately.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  09:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan1

yeah but poni rarely plays a great game

Go Leafs Go

What are you talking about. Poni is a bright spot for Toronto, and plays well every night. A great game doesn't always have to do with offence, and by limiting your frame of mind to only offence makes your remarks seem dumb.

As LRP pointed out, spreading the offence is an integral part of winning. Who would be the seciondary scoring. Like the old saying goes, don't put all of your eggs into one basket.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  09:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poni and Antropov are big forwards who cycle the puck. Do i think there first line category?of course not. Wellwood should be playing with Sundin and then he could get the puck more with Wellwood.

Shouldnt this be in the Leafs forums?

Edited by - PainTrain on 04/06/2007 09:09:09
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  09:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Wellwood may work better wtih Bataglia and Deveaux(sp?). I really hope Toronto gets beat by Montreal. If JFJ gets the boot then we may be able to rebuild and become a force.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page