Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Favourite Canadian City? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  16:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

Ricky Ray all the way!

The Eskimos WILL win the Grey Cup in 2011.

I sure hope not! I have tix, and that's NOT what i wanna witness! Lol....
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  16:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Hey Chop, hope you enjoyed Mexico. To the point at hand, what are you talking about?I said there was an open arrogance in Toronto that is hard to ignore. I never said rude. I have been to many of the cities you noted including both Paris and London and I would agree that as a generalization there is more of a rude atmosphere in those places than Toronto.

Intrestingly, no one has disputed the arrogance (generally speaking) in Toronto. Yet the only thing people have seem to agree on is that Edmonton's cold. It was -35 with the wind chill. This city sucks!!!!!

In general, I find Canada far more polite than other countries. However, as Canada goes, I think Vancouver is the least polite/friendly city in the country. Having been here for so long I am used to the way people are, and I always find myself pleasantly surprised when I go to other Canadian cities and people hold doors, make eye contact and say hi in the streets, say "sorry" and "excuse me" when they get in your way.

Even Toronto is nicer than Vancouver
Go to Top of Page

Guest2920
( )

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  09:37:22  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  14:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nuxfan, i'm surprised you feel that way. I know many easterners who now call Vancouver "home" as well as a lot of friends and family who visit and find Vancouverites to be more than accomodating / polite.

I find overall, Canadians i've met, be it here or elsewhere, are usually very polite overall, regardless of where in Canada they're from.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  15:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find that interesting as well Nux. I have noticed less about Canadians vs the rest of the folks in NA, but I have noticed a lot of change in general attitudes between East and West. I find folks from the West coast (Cali all the way to Alaska) very chill and relaxed. Mellow to the point of rude at times, almost an "I'm better that you because I don't take things as seriously as you," mentality. I find the Western Folks (Alberta, Saskatchewan Montana, South into Arizona) nice but uptight. A little more high strung than the rest and a little more 'woe is me." I find those in middle (Manitoba south to Texas) very much in the middle. Some are like westerners and others are like Easterners. I find those in the East (Ontario south along the eastern US seaboard) always busy and on the go, entitled, and arrogant. I find those on the far east coast of Canada the warmest and best natured people around.

Again, this is very generalized and I do not intend to instigate anything. This is simply my opinions from what I have encountered.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8687
( )

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  16:32:59  Reply with Quote
I live in Northern Ontarioand love Toronto, Ottawa sucks as a city been there and won't waste my time going back.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page