Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Carolina
 Maurice done... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  07:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, it looks like coaching d-day today, Maurice has now been fired from CAR, replaced with Kirk Muller. I was surprised to see how far they've fallen - I have Skinner in a couple of my pools and he has been doing very well, but other than him I don't follow them much.

I wonder if we'll see the dismissal trifecta, and see ANA dump Carlyle today as well?

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  08:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lets not forget about columbus........ they might be in the mix for the quartet
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  11:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a sad one for me - Maurice is an excellent coach, and he's getting fire because Staal is having a terrible year, because their defence has sucked (see: Kaberle), and because Ward has been ordinary. Not one iota of fault on Maurice as far as I can tell, but - that's the business. Easiest guy to move is the coach.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  11:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think poor defensive play, and the name Thomas Kaberle could have easily been mentioned last time Maurice was fired.
Go to Top of Page

Stamkos a Hab
Top Prospect

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  12:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel bad for Maurice Let's not forget he was the guy hired after Peter Laviolette THE Stanley Cup winning coach (O6) in 2008. But on the other hand, I'm happy for Kirk Muller from assistant coach for Montreal. Then the head coach for Milwaukee (Nashville's AHL club) then finally A head coach in the NHL. Not to mention he has a lotttttttttttttt to work with,

David Baronello
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  15:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

This is a sad one for me - Maurice is an excellent coach, and he's getting fire because Staal is having a terrible year, because their defence has sucked (see: Kaberle), and because Ward has been ordinary. Not one iota of fault on Maurice as far as I can tell, but - that's the business. Easiest guy to move is the coach.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

i agree on all counts except Ward i feel for the guy he signed long term with a team who year after year basicly say "we don t need d we pay u to take care of that" from the handfull of cane games i ve seen Ward has held up his end and more but besides Ward Dwyer Skinner and Suter noone has been anywhere near as good as they need to be

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page