Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Collectables
 (COLLECT) NHL Quest for the Cup Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

richz22
Top Prospect

21 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  17:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with everything you said there. Ideally if there were more puzzles or more savage hunt type of games, the theory would be, the harder you work, the more pts you could earn. I dont think you could do the "buy something from one of the sites and get points" thing because then the game is no longer free. In theory, you could potenially buy the contest if you really wanted to. I am pretty sure there are some legal logistics there. But everything i else i would agree with.
Go to Top of Page

Facewash
Top Prospect

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  18:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe not buy something from a sponsor but say for those who get a certain number of points they could get a hat.. bud light could look after something like that.
Go to Top of Page

Vishal
Top Prospect

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  21:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vnraven

quote:
Originally posted by Vishal

If anyone has an extra:
- Martin Brodeur
- Patrik Elias
- 1997-98 Detroit

Make me an offer, I have lots to trade.

My username for QFTC is: Vishal

I just sent you a trade

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

SJSharks
Top Prospect

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  21:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Blueline" works for wednesday! Just guessed and poof... 3000 Points!!

Thanks for the great season Sharks! May'be next year.
Go to Top of Page

soulcatcher
Top Prospect

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  21:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Defenseman worked for me as the new code

Tom
Go to Top of Page

LadyGriffin
Top Prospect

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  21:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 87CrOsBy87

quote:
Originally posted by PandoRules

quote:
Originally posted by cheaphood

yup, crease is a valid code. does anyone else think that this whole game got out of control for the creators? did they think it would be this popular? Just look at the mistakes...

we can do no worse!

which mistakes in general are you talking about? (Just curious)

you can guess the codes indstead of watching tv and getting it and i heard on other sites that there was a litch in it and people started gettin tons of coins

Go Jays

They also spelled "Congratulations" wrong when you click on the sponsor link.

And the rules said, if you have an incoming trade pending, your trade button flashes. I have never seen this happen!

When asked which experiences they regretted most in their lives, the majority of people named things they hadn't done rather than things they had done that had turned out badly.
Go to Top of Page

LadyGriffin
Top Prospect

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  21:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marian

quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

There was a glitch earlier but they fixed it and took away all the extra coins people got.

Ideally there would be still a chance to catch-up - which is not , I would suggest a lot of improvements

1. Allow trades even if you have full set
2. hidden 'easter eggs' - why only click on the sponsor banner - why can't I also browse and search for special token to give me extra money ...
3. why we have all this album pages, for what ?- what if I could always find some special card ( every day different) and could get some extra bonus points
4. what if I buy some stuff from sponsors - they could give me like extra 100000 points , why not ?
5. or what about solving some jigsaw puzzle of some hockey players to get some extra 1000, 2000, 5000 points - depends on how many pieces ...

and finally why I am writing this here ? because there is no forum or support - discussion board etc ...like this great site ! Thank you for it once again! It is priceless!!!

Players in a group should be able to communicate with each other also. I've sent so many trades that expired - I'd think if someone took the trouble to form or join a group, they would be more likely to sign in and check for trades.

I wouldn't mind if an email notification was sent to me for a pending trade. I check my email much more frequently than I sign in to QFTC. I've missed a couple of trades because it came in a couple of hours before I signed in.

When asked which experiences they regretted most in their lives, the majority of people named things they hadn't done rather than things they had done that had turned out badly.
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  21:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always have the "what the hell" suprise when i look in the trade bin...oh i have trades incoming whoops

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

perryfan
Top Prospect

25 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  22:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another beef I have is there's no contact for problems in the game. If it doesn't fall under the FAQ's, you're on your own. Still, the main issue is having a chance to win the game, even if you have a real life! I suppose if they do it next year, all of us will be watching for it and able to get in at day one...but it would still be more fun if anyone had a chance to win.
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but unless the Stanley cup card is worth a million points, it appears there is no way to catch the leaders.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  22:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perryfan

Another beef I have is there's no contact for problems in the game. If it doesn't fall under the FAQ's, you're on your own. Still, the main issue is having a chance to win the game, even if you have a real life! I suppose if they do it next year, all of us will be watching for it and able to get in at day one...but it would still be more fun if anyone had a chance to win.
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but unless the Stanley cup card is worth a million points, it appears there is no way to catch the leaders.

Strangely, there is ONE card left in each category... except in trophies there is one extra card...the STANLEY CUP. I wait with baited breath for a 500,000 pt value digi-card. Unfortunately, when you read the fine print there doesn't seem to be an allowance for that because that would fall under the "random " winner category , wouldn't it ?? Just like when McDonald's used to have only one Boardwalk token/sticker for their annual game (which rendered their Monopoly game winless because the one guy in North America that got that sticker didn't care about the game and threw it out in the trash!!) This gives me one small rationalization why I even still log in and collect coins.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  23:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marian

quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

There was a glitch earlier but they fixed it and took away all the extra coins people got.

Ideally there would be still a chance to catch-up - which is not , I would suggest a lot of improvements

1. Allow trades even if you have full set
2. hidden 'easter eggs' - why only click on the sponsor banner - why can't I also browse and search for special token to give me extra money ...
3. why we have all this album pages, for what ?- what if I could always find some special card ( every day different) and could get some extra bonus points
4. what if I buy some stuff from sponsors - they could give me like extra 100000 points , why not ?
5. or what about solving some jigsaw puzzle of some hockey players to get some extra 1000, 2000, 5000 points - depends on how many pieces ...

and finally why I am writing this here ? because there is no forum or support - discussion board etc ...like this great site ! Thank you for it once again! It is priceless!!!

Oh yeah, and this too.........
Go to Top of Page

heathen
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  02:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If someone has a spare Hart Memorial Trophy, then please make me an offer, have loads of extra cards.

Username on QFTC is the same as here.

Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

vladyfan
Top Prospect

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  03:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the problems that everyone mentioned. It seems that some 'Instant" prizes would have been nice. A free NHL playoff t-shirt or something little... make it worth your while to keep playing even when you know you can't win...

"Don't want it, Don't need it, Don't want your war machine" - Nova Driver
Go to Top of Page

richz22
Top Prospect

21 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  06:18:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blueline worked as the tv code for today
Go to Top of Page

87CrOsBy87
Top Prospect

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  06:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so does post

Go Jays
Go to Top of Page

PandoRules
Top Prospect

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  10:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can't say I disagree with any of the suggestions. I see there aren't really any "errors," as much as there could be improvements, and why I asked the question I did, I jsut wanted to make sure I wasn't missing actual mistakes/errors, not things that have come up short of what they could have.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

scottgiller64
Top Prospect

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

has anyone received a bonus coins when you bought packs ? It just happened to me twice and it was the first time I saw that.

Dallas stole our team, ya I'm still bitter.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I've gotten 2 bonus prizes. 200 coins each.
Go to Top of Page

Marian
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  21:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
overtime worked for me today
Go to Top of Page

PandoRules
Top Prospect

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  21:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OVERTIME worked for me for Thursday
Go to Top of Page

HasekFan39
Rookie

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  16:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I need is the Hart Memorial Trophy card. My user is HasekFan39.

LEAFS SUCK
HABS SUCK
DEVILS SUCK
GO SENS GO!
Go to Top of Page

goat
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  21:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stick is good for friday
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  21:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've gotten 200 a bunch of times...a remeber a while back asking if anyone got more and someone said like 500...i've yet to hear or see anything near 500

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  21:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also need two of the cards so if anyone is looking to trade look me up Redwing4Life

Go to Top of Page

scottgiller64
Top Prospect

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  06:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else think that the scratch and win is a joke ? I have got 0 coins everyday this week, why even have it ? I feel like it's a waste of time even if you get 100 or 200. joke joke joke.

Dallas stole our team, ya I'm still bitter.
Go to Top of Page

richz22
Top Prospect

21 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  06:35:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have gotten 500 twice with a couple of 100s thrown in there. usually get the 50 coins or nonthing though
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  12:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
scratch and win is total bs haha i either get 50 or nothing...i'd like a change of scenery on that one...i could go for a 500 haha

Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  12:03:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need the hart also if anyone needs anything else...trade me Redwing4Life

Go to Top of Page

little-potato
Top Prospect

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  21:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the tv code for saturday is referee
Go to Top of Page

Marian
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  21:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by little-potato

the tv code for saturday is referee

also jersey worked for me
Go to Top of Page

powerlord13
Top Prospect

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  21:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Through random guessing, I also found that "helmet" works

"Death solves all problems; no man, no problem"
Go to Top of Page

little-potato
Top Prospect

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  21:14:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For sunday's tv code... I trid "ice" and it worked
Go to Top of Page

little-potato
Top Prospect

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  21:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
playoffs also works for sunday
Go to Top of Page

Minnesota Guy
Top Prospect

7 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  14:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Captain" is the code word from the Sunday Wings/Ducks game.

The Stanley Cup is a '56 Thunderbird. The NFL's championship trophy is a Ford Tempo.
Go to Top of Page

canucksfan16
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  22:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tv code for monday is center it worked for me anyway
Go to Top of Page

HasekFan39
Rookie

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  23:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linesman also worked for Monday. I guessed Linesman 2 times. Weeks ago and today.

Victory awaits him who has everything in order--luck, people call it. Defeat is certain for him who has neglected to take the necessary precautions in time; this is called bad luck.
Go to Top of Page

asuchrisc
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  15:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have all but the Hart and Joe Thornton. Anyone want to trade? Also, are the making the Stanley cup REAL limited number (like one), or is it just going to be going strictly off of points?
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  15:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Stanley Cup card along with Crosby and the others that aren't out yet are coming out in the final round.
Go to Top of Page

trivia-guy
Top Prospect

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  16:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the stanley cup is in 1 of 30,000 packs, it is worth 5,000 points, so if your lucky and you can get 200 or300 of them you may catch the leaders
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  18:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol I am so stupid I just discovered this thing today, so I made an account and if you need a card that I have, I will just give it to you for w/e card.

I have duplicates of:
James Norris Memorial Trophy
Frank J. Selke Trophy
Alexei Kovalev, Montreal
Alex Tanguay, Calgary
Daniel Briere, Buffalo
Nashville Predators Vs., San Jose Sharks
New Jersey Devils Vs., Ottawa Senators
Anaheim Ducks Vs., Vancouver Canucks
1956-60 Montreal
1997-98 Detroit

My name is TeemuKariya