Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 CBC Sucks Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  07:29:20  Show Profile
As a canuck fan living in Alberta I don't think I'll get to see the Van-Dal game tonight because CBC is showing Ottawa-Pittsburgh and then Cal-Det back to back. I don't get it! I checked the CBC website and it says that th Van-Dal game will only be televised in BC. What is up with that???? Does anyone else have any more info on this or feel as outraged as I do?

Guest5043
( )

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  08:02:28
thats the cbc toronto mentality they think everyone one in canada cares about hockey team in ontario. ottawa cant even sellout their building for the playoff games?????. also the canucks get no respect!!!!!!!

who cares what the idiots in toronto thinkg!!!!!!!!!GO CANUCKS GO
Go to Top of Page

Guest8391
( )

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  08:12:58
Get your facts straight before making yourself look like an idiot....Ottawa is sold-out...

Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  09:20:41  Show Profile
what upsets me so much is I can watch either of the American games on TSN tonight so that leaves the canucks game as the only one not being televised.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  09:28:11  Show Profile
Well there are three games and only two can be shown nationally... I figured it would make more sense if they at least streamed that game online, but they're streaming the Sens/Pens game online (from the looks of it). Oh well, I won't complain because I'd much rather watch Det/Cal than Van/Dal but I can feel for you because I would be frustrated too if the Sharks got shafted. Actually they did a couple times in the first round last year so I can empathize.
Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  10:45:04  Show Profile
Thanks for your sympathy bablaboushka... I'm going to have to go hunting for sports bars that have satellite TVs and have enough of them so that they don't mind switching one to the Vancouver game. Either that or hope the Calgary game is over quick and Van-Dal go to quadruple overtime again!
Go to Top of Page

Guest1774
( )

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  11:51:48
Have you people ever watched hockey? The Vancouver/Dallas series is such a boring brand of hockey it makes me want to puke. No one wants to see it.
Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  12:02:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1774

Have you people ever watched hockey? The Vancouver/Dallas series is such a boring brand of hockey it makes me want to puke. No one wants to see it.

Thanks for coming out Guest 1774, but your opinion adds no value to this post. I feel we should have the option of seeing any Canadian team in the playoffs vs. having to watch American teams on the Canadian TSN.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  12:35:21  Show Profile
Yeah well they most likely show the games based on which ones they judge will be more exciting and draw more people to watch, so they'll pick the tighter series like Pitt/Ott and SJ/Nash (they probably don't think Dal/Van will draw a huge crowd). It's not based on which country the teams are from.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6202
( )

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  12:38:22
All 3 CBC games will be streamed online so you can pick which you want to watch. So you will have that option. The other games will show up on the site closer to game time.
Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  12:41:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6202

All 3 CBC games will be streamed online so you can pick which you want to watch. So you will have that option. The other games will show up on the site closer to game time.

This is huge! If this is true you're a saviour 6202...
Go to Top of Page

Guest6202
( )

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  12:50:25
That's what has happened over the last week. They've been streaming every game. The only problem is that the picture's not the greatest. Check out their game archive for examples (Click on Live Stream, then Archive).
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  06:03:06  Show Profile
I know and all, but it doesn't really matter to me now since the Canucks are up in the series 3-1 so im feeling pretty good right now. The best part of CBC is Coaches Corner! THAT'S RIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5002
( )

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  08:48:20
CBC in vancouver sucks
after the canucks games they show one figgin interveiw and then put on some crappy show that nobody watches.

I wanna see my interveiws

GO NUCKS ROUND TO HERE WE COME
LETS BRING HOME THE CUP!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  10:28:58  Show Profile
I mean no disrespect to the Canuck fans on here. However, if one is not a fan of Dallas or Vancouver, the series is not good hockey to watch. I would much rather watch Cal-Det.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4009
( )

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  11:03:51
I don't get it - I'm in Saskatchewan and I watched it. Mind you, I have sattelite TV, so all the games are on somewhere. I also have Centre Ice - the best purchase I ever made. Every game was televised, so I got to watch all the Pens and the Wild games (I have a friend on the Wild - don't laugh).

My advice - get a dish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page