Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Collectables
 Penalty-free Game Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4306
( )

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  18:33:03  Reply with Quote
There were no penalties called in the Oilers-Leafs game tonight. This doesn't happen too often.

Referees call it a "no hitter" when this happens. This doesn't mean there were no hits in the game. It's just a term used when they don't have (or need) to call a penalty.

TulipSniper
Top Prospect

4 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  18:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While as interesting a fact as that might be, I don't believe it belongs under the collectibles topic.
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  03:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The referee could easily called penalties to both teams throughout the game. Especially in the third period. I am not sure whether letting the boys play is better or not but I did enjoy watching 2 very quick teams go at it.
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  04:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even as a leafs fan, I will say that the refs have been very easy on the buds ever since the ball dropped and started 2012. The leafs went from one of the most penalized teams (with a terrible PK) to not giving up a shorthanded goal in 15 games, and not because they are playing overall clener hockey (they are slightly, but not enough to justify how little penalties they have received.) The refs again let a lot go in the game last night, this time for both teams. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I guess all you can do is ride the penalty free train until it de-rails horribly killing everyone on board...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page