Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 My new-found respect for Hasek Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  14:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I've been guilty of slamming Hasek for "faking injuries", so this afternoon during the flames-wings game, I went on Wikipedia to look up Hasek. As it turns out in 2003-2004 when he hurt himself with the Wings and left for the rest of the season, he refused to accept the money left on his contract.this year, he was willing to come back to the sens for the base salary (500000), and when they turned him down, he signed with wings for $750000. It's pretty refreshing to see a guy like this. After seeing ryan smith quarrel over 5.4 vs 5.8 millon, here's a guy who just wants to compete.
I get a kick out him running around all crazy, like today, if ever there is a scrum Hasek skates up to it and starts running his mouth....I admit, his dives are a tad odd, but they're funny none-the-less. And that voice of his, that's funny stuff....So consider this my appology for my previous Hasek remarks......anyone else out there feel like they mis-judged him?

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  14:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

You know, I've been guilty of slamming Hasek for "faking injuries", so this afternoon during the flames-wings game, I went on Wikipedia to look up Hasek. As it turns out in 2003-2004 when he hurt himself with the Wings and left for the rest of the season, he refused to accept the money left on his contract.this year, he was willing to come back to the sens for the base salary (500000), and when they turned him down, he signed with wings for $750000. It's pretty refreshing to see a guy like this. After seeing ryan smith quarrel over 5.4 vs 5.8 millon, here's a guy who just wants to compete.
I get a kick out him running around all crazy, like today, if ever there is a scrum Hasek skates up to it and starts running his mouth....I admit, his dives are a tad odd, but they're funny none-the-less. And that voice of his, that's funny stuff....So consider this my appology for my previous Hasek remarks......anyone else out there feel like they mis-judged him?

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!

I'm not a 'hater' so I dont think I ever misjudged him. He has done some really commendable things, but his on-ice antics and flip-flopping dives whenever anyone skates by causing a strong wind, will never allow me to really admire or like the guy. There are too many good role models who have a little more integrity for the game for me to admire.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  15:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See, told you all Hasek isn't a chump. Once you look stuff up you can learn a lot of stuff...
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  16:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haseks actions this year to not make up for all the crap he pulled in every other year in his career. What about the crap in Buffalo and Chicago?? Nope, he's still a punk to me.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  10:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, thats his one good deed. Hasek is still a whiner to me. He is never involved in the community and I've heard he isn't that great of a team player.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  11:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant deny that he hasnt have good results in his career but I csnt stand watching him flop around on the ice.

I've figured it out, the guys gotta play like girls!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4009
( )

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  11:19:12  Reply with Quote
Hasek - one of the best goalies ever. Also a terrible diver. If he was at least good at it, I'd have more respect for him. Now Luongo, there's a good diver.

Hasek has hurt his legacy with some of his on-ice antics. I have no doubt he is a decent guy, but the difference between a guy like him diving and Crosby embelishing is that Sid is clutched and grabbed and high-sticked the whole game, whereas Hasek gets brushed once and he acts like he was hit by a truck. Same as Luongo - he dives, but he's always getting nailed, so it makes sense. He fights through 98% of it, and therefore the refs never call it. Once in awhile, you have to get their attention.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  14:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

He is never involved in the community

Wikipedia to the rescue once again!

In May 2001, Hašek founded the Dominik Hasek Youth Hockey League/Hasek's Heroes, and has donated over $1 million to help underprivileged children in Buffalo play hockey

But how many NHLers or pro athletes haven't done stuff in the community? A good number of them, I'll bet.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  14:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow $1 million i wish i was living in Buffalo in the time

Viktor Kozlov is my hero
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  15:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

Are you an underprivliged child?

And Wikipedia can be edited, although it's probobly true, it's not 100% accurate.

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  15:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True, but the point was that Hasek DID do something to help out. The exact amount within a few thousand $ doesn't really matter.
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  15:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

Are you an underprivliged child?

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~

I meant at the time

Viktor Kozlov is my hero
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  14:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as a redwing fan i'll agree with you...he takes some pretty bad dives...but also as a fan of the wings...he's my goalie so i'm in defense of him he does some great things too

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave - win or lose.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  14:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

He is never involved in the community

Wikipedia to the rescue once again!

In May 2001, Hašek founded the Dominik Hasek Youth Hockey League/Hasek's Heroes, and has donated over $1 million to help underprivileged children in Buffalo play hockey

But how many NHLers or pro athletes haven't done stuff in the community? A good number of them, I'll bet.

Point is moot.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page