Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 HART FINALISTS Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  21:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Final point before calling it quits for the night. As for the "who will win" question, I think it will be Crosby. You know my answer to the other question.

p.s. Interestingly, a good analysis of this award JUST BEGS FOR, you guessed it, our old friend, MR. HYPOTHETICAL

Edited by - andyhack on 05/06/2007 21:05:38
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  23:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I already showed why Luongo should get it over Sid...Now time to tackle the Brodeur side of things.....

Once again I know that the playoffs mean nothing towards the player awards, but they do give us a chance to see things we might have missed........So hear I go :

I think it's funny that both the Nucks and Devils both made it 5 games into round 2.....But look how both teams got there......Brodeur was garbage, so we got to see that the rest of the devils are pretty talented.
As for the Nucks, they would have been swept in four by Dallas if they had any different goalie.........

This is one topic I feel very strongly on....The Canucks are an awful team with a good goalie...Meanwhile the Devils have a very sound roster, and could have made it much further in the p-offs if NOT for Marty.......Same thing with Pittsburgh...The Penns 3rd line is better than the Canucks top line.........

This year we got to see a goalie carry a team more than ever before (I'd give the edge to Bobby over late-90's Hasek), and if Sid gets it(which I know he will), then it's just a pathetic attempt by the voters to make hockey more popular by giving it to "the next one" [insert vomiting here]

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  23:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0900

quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4900

Then why is vigneault the coach? i thought coaches were there to influence there team and motivate them? might as well have a team like in the movie slap shot.

I meant Vigneault has no influence on Luongo. He has a completely different goaltending coach. Luongo is what saved the Nucks, and Vigneault did not coach him.

I believe the nucks won the division a couple years ago with the same players and dan cloutier as their goalie.

You are totally off there!!!! That Season Burtuzzi and Naslund were VERY GOOD they had a great offensive D-man in Jovo, and scored about a goal a game more...I recommend you watch hockey before trying to sound like a hotshot!

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbraiter

I say Luongo, because who is helping luongo save shots? Mitchell maybe? Who is helping crosby score goals? Recchi, Malkin, staal, colby armstrong, gonchar, whitney. Point Proven

Point proven? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Recchi - old. I like Reccs, but his best days are way behind him.
Malkin - overrated
Staal - never played with Sid all year
Armstrong - are you kidding me? I love the guy, but he has zero talent. Any goals he gets are because he was set up perfectly.
Gonchar - have you watched a Pens game? He skates like a glacier. Good shot, though.
Whitney - hahahahahahaha! OMG he wouldn't even be Vancouver's 4th defenceman, but he's the Pens second.

Luongo - Ohlund, Salo, Mitchell and Bieksa are all above average defencemen. Sopel is decent, too. It's Vancouver's inability to score that was their problem, not defending their net.

Brodeur was better than Luongo, and Crosby was better than Brodeur. Even Brodeur agrees.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0900

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Hey Guest 6127, you failed to mention Malkin, Staal, Recchi, and Roberts towards the end, as part of the reason the Pens did what they did. As much as you say it was Crosby, do you really think they would have had a 50 pt increase without those players?? So Crosby's 18 point improvement from last season to this season is the reason that the Pens were 50 pts higher than last year?? C'mon.

being a pens fan but i hate to say this. malkin, came from the russian league where they play 40 games a season compared to 80 in the nhl, how many goals did malkin get down the stretch? recchi, as i previously said was tearing it up when he was on the PP, but disappeared after he was taken off the crosby line. roberts did well with the leafs, disappeared in florida and resurrected his career by playing on the PP with crosby, wouldnt of done that with anyone else on the team. Staal is the only exception, but he is still very young. last point made, the penguins won about 15 games i can think of this year, which were single handidly controlled and won by crosby, if crosby werent there the pens wouldve finished 10th at best this season. case in point, crosby for MVP.

Finally someone who actually watched a Penguins game. Thanks you for being the voice of reason in a world of dreamers.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your point about Vancouver's inability to score is a valid one, but I still think you are grossly underestimating Luongo's brilliance and contribution to that team this year. For me the order would be Luongo -Crosby - Brodeur. But, that's okay, we disagree. I'm certainly not gonna call you ridiculous, insane, a dreamer, etc for having a different opinion.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page