Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Roenick - TSN Hockey Analyst Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  16:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you think of Roenicks performance as an Analyst for TSN?
Personally I've always liked JR as a player and an outspoken personality.
I think he's been great as an analyst. He's completely entertaining. The other night he was shamelessly pitching his services to the Leafs for next year. Another time they were discussing who to pick between Thornton and Jagr and the reason he gave was that Thornton was Canadian.

His personality really comes out in this role. I hope he continues with it after he retires

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  16:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Roenick on the panel. I want him to play one more year get that 500 goals and then come and join the TSN panel. He is so entertaning. My dad and I are laughing are butts off with the things he says.''I'll run over you'' Roenick said that to Pang it was so funny. Dufie asked ''Are you even listening to me?'' and J.R said'' Abtsolutely not U.S.A U.S.A!!!!'' He was going on a rant about how good american hockey was and wasn't litsening to anyone.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  17:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Roenick is great on TSN. He is very knowledgeble about hockey and is funny. He also doesnt make the rest of the panel as stiff as they usually are. He is a great addidtion to the hockey panel on TSN

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  21:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love him! He's animated, and walks a fine line between being sarcastic and being an ass. He is also his own biggest fan, which makes for some funny moments.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  22:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roenick has always been a funny guy. And the thing I like the most about him being on the TSN panel is he is an actual player who has played in some big situations. He brings a realism to the topics. And the fact that he pulls no punches makes his comments awesome.

I can see him becoming the Don Cherry to a whole other generations of hockey fans!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  03:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Roenick on TSN! He is so entertaning and knows his hockey.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  13:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought everyone thought Roenick was annoying as crap...now that he gets up on TSN he's suddenly funny? Guess he's different off the ice than on, eh? Too bad I can't watch him...he actually sounds kinda funny from what I've seen so far, lol.
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  21:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as long as he isn't suited up in blackhawks attire i'll watch him...great player...great analyst good addition to tv for sure

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

Guest4462
( )

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  23:31:21  Reply with Quote
I like him too for the entertainment value.... too bad he's dumb as a stick thou.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  05:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like him on TSN. Unlike Domi he knows his stuff and being the outspoked person he is it seems like a great addition to the TSN Panel.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  09:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like "J.R" being there because when Scottie Hartnell hit Cheecho, he really explained it to a good extent to give you a idea what really happened.

There's hockey players that make stuff happen, There is hockey players that watch what happens and there is hockey players that don't know what the $#*@ happened.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  09:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B-rett10

I like "J.R" being there because when Scottie Hartnell hit Cheecho, he really explained it to a good extent to give you a idea what really happened.

There's hockey players that make stuff happen, There is hockey players that watch what happens and there is hockey players that don't know what the $#*@ happened.

Thats some quote you got there Brett But Roenick would be just such a great addition to the TSN panel. Oh man he makes me laugh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page