Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Pittsburgh or Vancouver? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  09:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which of the two "Stanley Cup favorites" has a better chance of a comeback series win after going down 2-0 at home?

Choices:

Pittsburgh Penguins
Vancouver Canucks

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  10:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I said Pittsburgh becase I hate the Canucks!

I'll get that out of the way early.

Seriously, I said Pitt for a few reasons. Firstly, I think Pitt is playing more disciplined and have better coaching that Vancouver. Secondly, Pitt has all the pieces to their puzzle in the game and healthy. I think D Sedin is a massive hole that is simply not filled with anyone else on that squad. Also, look at what Henrik Sedin has done in the first too games?? You won't have to look too far, because he hasn't done much of anything. He's got 2 assists but is even, losing more faceoffs than he is winning, and looking outplayed in most situations.

I think both teams are toast as their opponents are too good to lose 4 of 5 games. But if I had to pick one team to come back it would be Pitt based almost completely on the fact that their best players are playing near the top of their game.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  12:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they are blow screwed but if either team is going to do it the Canucks. The reason being I think Philly is a much tougher opponent than LA

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  17:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised it's as even as it is. I voted the Canucks, as much as that hurts, cuz Pittsburgh has at least established leads, been able to score and as Beans said, have a healthy roster and one which sees it's stars preforming pretty well.

The Canucks look extremely uninterested, their power play is non existent and missing arguably their best player leaves them in a very tough spot. All credit to the Kings though, they're playing much more like the team everyone thought they'd see all year, than the team we actually did see.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  06:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I'm surprised it's as even as it is. I voted the Canucks, as much as that hurts, cuz Pittsburgh has at least established leads, been able to score and as Beans said, have a healthy roster and one which sees it's stars preforming pretty well.

The Canucks look extremely uninterested, their power play is non existent and missing arguably their best player leaves them in a very tough spot. All credit to the Kings though, they're playing much more like the team everyone thought they'd see all year, than the team we actually did see.

The way you explain yourself, it seems you should have voted for Pittsburgh. The poll is, in fact, for which team can make a comeback.

Myself, I voted Pens. Crosby and Malkin, 'nuff said. And . . . Bryzgalov's mediocre play so far and a Philly defence that is not all that.

On the other hand, for the Canucks, Daniel Sedin might not play a game in the series, and that alone is a huge blow. But top to bottom, LA is a very solid team, and no goals will come easy on Quick, so based on goalie and defence . . . it's a much harder hill to climb.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  12:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup Slozo, you're right. I meant the Pens. And to be honest, i think i mistakenly did cast my vote for the Canucks. So, what i'm saying is, i screwed up my own poll! Oops

I think everyone is more surprised at how poor the Canucks have played as they are how well the Kings are. This LA team is one which was picked by many to win the conference at the outset of the season! Think about it.....they not only have a possible Vezina trophy winner in net, but they are playing up to their potential, a thing that Kings fans were prob looking for all year! The Canucks need to play up to their best level, or close to it, to have a chance to beat a team as good as this!
Go to Top of Page

vandrew87
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2012 :  17:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Yup Slozo, you're right. I meant the Pens. And to be honest, i think i mistakenly did cast my vote for the Canucks. So, what i'm saying is, i screwed up my own poll! Oops

Well done ;-)

I had to vote Canucks, just because I have to believe that they can. I'm stuck on a boat in the middle of the Caribbean sea, and not being able to watch is starting to look like a blessing...

"If you can play, You Can Play"
Go to Top of Page

Stroh
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  05:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Seriously, I said Pitt for a few reasons. Firstly, I think Pitt is playing more disciplined

I've never responded on this forum before, but when I saw the line about Pittsburgh being "more disciplined" I couldn't help but write. Are we watching the same series?!?

I don't think I've ever seen a more UN-disciplined team...ever. Seriously.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  06:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stroh

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Seriously, I said Pitt for a few reasons. Firstly, I think Pitt is playing more disciplined

I've never responded on this forum before, but when I saw the line about Pittsburgh being "more disciplined" I couldn't help but write. Are we watching the same series?!?

I don't think I've ever seen a more UN-disciplined team...ever. Seriously.

Ok, first of all this post was made prior to game three. I would agree whole heartiedly with your last comment after the third game. Secondly I was comparing them to Vancouver, who at the time had nearly 1/2 the penalties as Pitt. That was the comparison.

Hindsight is 20/20. Sorry I did not predict the the actions of the Penguins in game three.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8384
( )

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  08:07:57  Reply with Quote
What did everyone think of Schenn's hit on Martin i believe. I think it was directly to the head and because of Asham it is going unnoticed. I never realized how much I don't the both of the Schenn boys.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page