Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 OTT vs. BUF Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  15:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think will win this series. I think that it will be evenly matched like last year, but I think that Buffalo's speed and skill will prevail.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)

Choices:

Ottawa
Buffalo

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  15:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it will be Buffalo in 6 games. There have just to many weapons going for them.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  15:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be a good series. Buffalo in 6. The reason is because Emery can not keep the puck out against the Sabres like he did against the Devils, he will be more busy. Tallinder and Lydman have to try there best to shut down Alfredsson, Heatley and Spezza. But Buffalos spped and skill will tire the Sens out and they will win. The thing that could change this series is Ottawa's great 3 defensive pairings and they need more secondary scoring in this series. Buffalo in 6.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  16:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll be a good series, but the deciding factor will come down to Miller vs. Emery. I think Miller is a bit better, and I think the Sabres will take it in 7. I sure hope so, I hate the Senators. GO BUFFALO!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  16:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buffalo in 6. To much offence for the sens to stop. These games I think will be high, close scoring games.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4739
( )

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  16:52:23  Reply with Quote
Looks like Ottawa will be the underdog. They play the same game as Buffalo ,fast and a lot of shots on goal. Very evenly matched. I agree with the previous message that Ottawa must get there other lines going in order to take control of the series. The snipers will always be there. It's the other lines that will make the difference. I'm canadian I will pick Ottawa in 7. Also I have Heately in my hockey pool. Go Ottawa go.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  17:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am surprised that there is no one saying the Sens. I think the Sens are going to take it in 5 or 6, yes Buffalo has great offence, ubut so does Ottawa. I agree that Buffalo has greta goaltending, but Ottawa will find a way to beat it and their defence is going to shut down the Sabres offence.

~~~Don't focus on where your going, focus on where you going to go~~~
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  18:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really want Buffalo to win, but the ASH line is doing so good right now, that the series might go to Ottawa because they're doing better offensivly. If they can beat Brodeur, they can probably beat Miller.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest4462
( )

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  18:41:28  Reply with Quote
Ottawa in 5 or 6..
BUF just hasnt been good and doesnt have the experience that Ottawa has...
Go to Top of Page

MayfieldNo4
Top Prospect

11 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  18:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sabres flat out know how to play. Thye can do both the offense and defense portion of the game along with owning the mental component over the game against the sens. As this was shown in mid season as all the sens could think about was hitting the sabres instead of protecting their net. All sabres need to do is give peters and mair enough ice time to throw ottawa off their game.

~~~~~~~~~~~Go Sabres~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest4988
( )

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  18:58:31  Reply with Quote
I think Bob Mckenzie from TSN put it best....

"You pick Buffalo based on the regular season potential but you pick Ottawa based on the current playoff performance."

Sabres are the deepest team in the NHL right now. But Ottawa is pretty deep too and a better defensive group. If Buffalo and Ottawa both simultaneously play their best hockey, Buffalo in 6. If Buffalo is playing like it has in the playoffs and Ottawa continues to play the way it does, Ottawa in 6.

I'll call Buffalo in 7 in quintuple overtime with Drury somehow scoring the winner.
Go to Top of Page

D-fender6
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  20:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sabres in 5. Well at least i hope so, god i hate the sens!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  12:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seriously think that Ottawa will win a long series. Buffalo is just not quite their regular season self and Ottawa is dominating in every way. Now even though he was better against the Rangers than against the Isles, I think that Miller isn't quite playing like a Cup winner and I believe that Emery can out-perform him. This will be a great rematch from last year's East semis.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  12:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to Ottawa. Buffalo is a great team, but I am yet to be impressed with their performance in the play offs. The other thing to consider here is that the two teams Buffalo has faced (NYI,NYR) are not known for their defense. Ottawa has a much better defensive core than anything Buffalo has seen up to this point. And Buffalo didn't look all that dominating against weaker defensive teams. So, how will they be able to stack up against Philips, Mezaros, Redden, Corvo, Preissing, Volchenkov, and Schubert??

Plus, Ottawa has the 2nd best PP in the playoffs with Buffalo's PK less than 80%?? Buffalo better play a clean game. And I also think Ottawa forechecks better than NYI or NYR.

Taking nothing away from Buffalo, I think they are a great team and have all the tools to win. But, I haven't seen that team yet in this year's playoffs. Buffalo had better step it up, because if they play against Ottawa the same way they played against NYI or NYR, they will not make it to the Finals!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  12:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

If they can beat Brodeur, they can probably beat Miller.

Brodeur was playing weakly throughout the entire series. It was no sweat for the Sens to beat him. Miller has been playing 10 times better than Marty, it'll be harder for them to beat him. It's more like if the Sabres can beat Lundqvist, they can beat Emery. (Maybe literally, if they get in another fight, haha).
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  13:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

So, how will they be able to stack up against Philips, Mezaros, Redden, Corvo, Preissing, Volchenkov, and Schubert??

Kalinin, Campbell, Lydman, Numminen, Paetsch, Spacek, Tallinder. I don't think Ottawa has a huge advantage here.
Go to Top of Page

hithere311
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  14:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say sens in 6 or 7. The sens played against NJ, who even though didn't play well, had a great lineup. But the sens do lose on the defensive side. Buffalo can easily beat any weak defense, so if Ottawa plays the defense well, they will take the series.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  14:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only way Buffalo wins this is if they play 60 minutes of hockey every game. Thus far they have not.
Ottawa is head and shoulders above what they have faced in the first two rounds.
And Briere needs to keep his tiny self out of the penalty box.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  14:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going to be very close and could go either way. By how they are playing right now thou, I would have to say Ottawa in 5 or 6.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  15:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anaheim will beat either Detroit or SJ for the Western champ, and Buffalo better beat the Sens for the East and is capable of doing it. The season began with Anaheim and Buffalo dominating, and maybe it will end that way. In the early months there was debate over which of the two was better, in June the more dominant team will end all that, and perhaps the debate will be settled.

The lame duck Congress aren't the only Lame Ducks. Let's go Buffalo.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This could be really close. Well my heart is with the Sens, I am just looking forward to a really entertaining series. These are easily the 2 most talented east teams.....Ray won't get tested as much as Miller I don't think....The Sabres give up way more scoring chances than Ottawa. So will it be "Miller Time", and will he steal the show? Hmmmmmmm? I don't think Miller is nearly as impressive as people make him out to be. He is certainly not one of the top 5 goalies in the league, but he has that Grant Fuhr ability to not give by the tying/winning goal too often...So if the sens can make Emery's life really easy and just require of him making the first saves, they can win...Otherwise, I gotta think Buffalo will pull it off(Damn).

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's hope that there isn't going to be another crazy fight like there was a while back

~~~Let's Go Ducks!!!~~~

Edited by - semin-rules on 05/08/2007 05:40:46
Go to Top of Page

HasekFan39
Rookie

Canada
143 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  11:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[i]I say Ottawa in 6. They have Heatley, Alfredsson, Spezza, and Emery. GO SENS GO![/i]

LEAFS SUCK
HABS SUCK
DEVILS SUCK
GO SENS GO!

Edited by - HasekFan39 on 05/10/2007 11:42:37
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  14:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definately Buffalo
They have Briere, Vanek, Afinigenov, Miller, Campbell, Hecht and Numinen
Go to Top of Page

KariyaSelanne
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
297 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  19:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Sens win 5-2, I think Spezza, Heatley and Alfredson are the best forward line in the NHL and are unstoppable against Buffalo.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  19:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! May I say more. Buffalo has got to improve on the Kill and Power Play because I really though the Sabres were playing better than the Sens. SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!! Special teams won that game for Ottawa!

C'mon Sabres lets get it back!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

D-fender6
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  20:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with PainTrain Buffalo did seem to have more jump in regular play, but seemed to fall apart in special teams.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  20:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say that Spezza-Heatley-Alfredsson are the best line in the playoffs this year. That is without questions.

Buffalo needs to do more. It seems to me like they are just hanging on at different times of the game. Ottawa will punish them if they keep that up. And for certain, they must stay out of the penalty box. One of the worst play off PK's against one of the best PP's?? I would be big time pissed as a Sabre if I lost the series based on special teams.

It is still VERY early in the series, but that doesn't mean that Buffalo has much time to pick it up! If you get your ass handed to you at home?? Then gotta come back hard in game 2!
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just still can't believe they got scored on 3 times in the 3rd

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  11:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ottawa is rolling now.

Unlikely that the Sabres will take this series. But if they did there is the potential for a Buffalo Wings final though. Mik might enjoy that little play on words.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  11:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Sabes played pretty well even strength last night. Minus the turnovers, they were moving the puck & creating opportunities. If they are going to win the series, they'll need to fix their power play and limit Ottawa's conversions on their respective PP. I think if they can do that, they'll win the series.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Unlikely that the Sabres will take this series. But if they did there is the potential for a Buffalo Wings final though. Mik might enjoy that little play on words.

LOL willus, good one!

But just because Ottawa won the first game doesn't mean they're going to win the series. We shall see...

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/11/2007 15:25:20
Go to Top of Page

kanadian7
Top Prospect

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  16:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I have been thinking and thinking about this series...and it's a tough one. I have come to decide that Ottawa will take this one from Buffalo, allbeit most likely in a very long series. I think this is the case not because of their goaltender or their offensive ability, but actually their defensive skills. Buffalo has built itself around winning games 5-3, and are usually very sucessful in doing so. Miller has been great this postseason, and has been able to stifle that a bit, but with Miller's ability between the pipes has come a lack of ability up front. Buffalo is having a heck of a time putting pucks in the net. Ottawa has the best defence of any team they have seen this year in the playoffs, and I just think it will be too much to handle.

If Buffalo can figure out a way to get to the net, they have as good a chance as anybody to win the cup.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  17:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't even want to talk about this poll now...

I was planning a great SCOREBOARD all year for when the Sabres won the Cup. Guess I'll save it for next season.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/19/2007 17:31:06
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  17:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

I don't even want to talk about this poll now...

I was planning a great SCOREBOARD all year for when the Sabres won the Cup. Guess I'll save it for next season.

Then why did you bring it back up??

~~~Let's Go Ducks!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  07:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that wasn't meant as I literally don't want to talk about it, rather just my way of showing I was pissed over the results

Now that the series is over someone would inevitably bring it back up anyway.

P.S. A Senators avatar? I thought you were cheering for the Ducks!

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/20/2007 11:01:33
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  11:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Semin, the classic bandwagon jumper

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  12:08:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was cheering for the Ducks because honestly, I thought Ottawa would lose. I know it's not right but I gotta cheer for a Canadian team.

~~~Let's Go Senators!!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page