Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Shane Doan Interview Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  14:41:50  Reply with Quote
If you have 4 minutes, Shane Doans' post-game interview, which took place after the Coyotes were eliminated, is worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztu6tvi0ExU

Guest5052
( )

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  14:58:22  Reply with Quote
I have to say that as I watched the game I thought the officiating was very poor or at least very inconsistent. I would hesitate to say it affected the outcome of the game, although frankly in such a tight, hard fought game, we'll never know.

The Brown hit was a tough call, dont think it was an intentional knee, but maybe late.

But all in all, I though the refs had a poor game. And while they may be held accountible to the league, not publically so.

And while Doan may get criticised or even fined for his outburst, I would hope not. The league asks players to speak to the media after games, so they should be allowed some leaway with their frustration. I liked his frank, assertive yet well articulated description of the game.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2301
( )

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  15:36:18  Reply with Quote
he crying about the open Ice hit .. what about his teammates Kneeing in game 3 opps did he forget about that.. You could see it a mile a way..

he crying cause he the Got Wasted but a much Better team..
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  16:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2301

he crying cause he the Got Wasted but a much Better team..

Huh?

There's always questionable calls, esp in a series and not just a single game and it's obvious that the most recent questionable calls will be on one's mind, and of course, those which affected the speaker's team. In Doan's case, yes the game was poorly officiated. Did it cause the Coyotes to lose the series? We'll never know. As far as the knee hit, i didn't like two things about it, and neither was the fact it was knee on knee as i think that part was unintentional. I didn't like the fact it was late/after the whistle and i didn't like that there was no intent whatsoever to let up or avoid it after the whistle went! Do i think it warranted a suspension though? NO.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4602
( )

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  09:43:13  Reply with Quote
I really think you should look at the replay again .. It was less then a Second after the whistle had blown and Brown hit him. He connected with his shoulder and knee.. I wonder how bad was the hit really was have we heard any news of Injurie.. was he faking it taking a dive for a Penalty and be back in 2nd OT maybe..
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  10:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4602

I really think you should look at the replay again .. It was less then a Second after the whistle had blown and Brown hit him. He connected with his shoulder and knee.. I wonder how bad was the hit really was have we heard any news of Injurie.. was he faking it taking a dive for a Penalty and be back in 2nd OT maybe..

Like i said, there was no attempt to let up or avoid the hit whatsoever. I agree it wasn't super late, and i even conceded that the knee on knee was unintentional and not suspendable so it really isn't a big deal anyway. FTR, the replay to me looks as though it got him above the knee (maybe a bad charlie horse?) As for faking the injury, i kinda doubt it. Sure, it may not have resulted in a blown out ACL or anything like that, but i can't see a guy like that being helped off the ice to the dressing room, even though it was late in OT, just to try to sway the refs. Usually the refs have the call made by then.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page