Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Anaheim
 Ryan Getzlaf Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  08:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or does this kid have talent oozing from his pores? He's really shining in these playoffs. Some of the plays he's made have been impressive indeed. The next great power forward perhaps?

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  10:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really think Getzlaf is going to be a star. He is such a complete forward, great speed and hands and is big. Very smart to and he is sand paper. He will be one of the most complete player for the next 10 to 15 years.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  11:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, him and Perry will have very good careers ahead of them.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  11:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is fantastic. When Lowe traded Pronger to ANA, his first choice was Getzlaf. Burke told him to go fly a kite!

The guy, if healthy, will be in the elite group of forwards in the league in the next 3-5 years with Crosby, Ovechkin, Staal, Stastney, Kopitar, Malkin, Radulov.

Man, there are a ton of great young player in the league right now!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  11:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Man, there are a ton of great young player in the league right now!

Just wait till next year. THEN there will be a lot of young talent in the NHL!

~~~Let's Go Ducks!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  16:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boys and Mik we have a lot of future stars coming, I'm excited for that

Edited by - PainTrain on 05/13/2007 16:23:18
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  18:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah and Toews, Varlamov, Kane, Price, Cherepanov, Johnson, and Frazee from the World Juniors are draft picks of several NHL teams. Man, them combined with our current young stars would be unbelievable! Can't wait for that. The next several years in the NHL should be great
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  18:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will be amazing. Lets not forget Justin Pogge, Carey Price, Leland Irving and Tukka Rask. Along with Andrew Cogliano and Gilbert Brule. And young guns already in the league like Rick Nash, Shane Doan and Matt Carle. Man, I can't wait.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  18:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shane Doan is 20 years old. He was drafted by the Jets he's obviously a little old. But still yes a lot of young guns coming to play.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  18:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan Getzlaf has everything that you want in a player. Size, speed, power, and a good hard shot. I would compare him to a younger version of Joe Thornton except with a bit more of a scoring touch but less creativity.

Forecheck+Backcheck= Paycheck!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  12:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

It will be amazing. Lets not forget Justin Pogge, Carey Price, Leland Irving and Tukka Rask. Along with Andrew Cogliano and Gilbert Brule. And young guns already in the league like Rick Nash, Shane Doan and Matt Carle. Man, I can't wait.

Yeah, I had Price in my list. I always forget Cogliano, I don't know why, lol. Mikko Lehtonen and Nicklas Backstrom (the forward, not the goalie) are looking good too.

Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  13:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)

Shane Doan is a young gun? He is 31.

http://www.nhl.com/players/8462038.html

Ovechkin>Crosby
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  08:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't get over how good Getzlaf is, he is an all around player the only bad thing is he can take stupid penalty's. Teemu Selanne said he was going to be a star, that's saying a lot coming from the Finnish Flash.
Go to Top of Page

juice32
Rookie

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  08:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've got to agree. Getzlaf is going to be a superstar down the road. He's got the skill, size, and determination to make it big. Perry is going to do alright for himself as well. The Ducks look good for another 3-4 years. but watch out for LA
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  21:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
getzlaf is really good, I hardly ever heard of him in the regular season, but in the playoffs he was incredibleI don't understand how there are so many great players in the league right now, young guns and veterans, and guys like Heatly who aren't that young or old

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page