Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Peter Forsberg ranking Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  04:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I´m intrested in how you would rank Peter Forsberg.

Choices:

Greatest Player in history
Top 5
Top 10
Top 20
Top 50
Top 100
Not top 100

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  04:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a couple of years he was the worlds most popular player but not in north america for some reason anyone have any idea why?

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  05:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say around top 35-40. He is a good player, but I don't think he has as much skill as he did a while ago. He had his glory days and now hes just an old injury prone hockey player.

~~~Let's Go Senators!!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  06:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I would say around top 35-40. He is a good player, but I don't think he has as much skill as he did a while ago. He had his glory days and now hes just an old injury prone hockey player.

Forsberg in his prime and healthy was a monster. He is the most complete player who excelled at being a complete player that I recall since Messier. Lindros is close. He has put up 1.25 ppg in the heart of the dead puck era. Probably the strongest guy I've seen on the puck with the exception of Bobby Hull.
Hull would just hold guys off with one arm and keep going. Forsberg does it differently. He just can't be knocked off the puck. His stability is incredible. I've heard that his legs are like tree trunks.
He's in my top 50 but until he retires I'm not sure where he ends up yet. There are many great players ahead of him in the top 50. To make the top 50 is no small feat.
Best of all time he is not.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  09:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Ok he´s been injured but he still is pretty sick when he get on the ice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCNZ3hh_VM&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HObY3KaEdvI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoATV1xOiJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFTV_zMtBBg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3rIW35D68s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPgxcCIvfXk

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  10:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure where I'd put him...top 40 or 50 if we're talking entire career I suppose. That low because with injuries he missed a lot and lost a step. But that is typical of guys that play with that intensity, they burn out a-la-Bure. But it we're talking about when he was at his peak, I'd have to say top 10 or 15 in my mind. Willus pegged it, he was so strong on his skates and by far one of the most complete players. He has what I think is one of the prettiest individual effort goals I have ever seen. I'll see if I can find it.
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  11:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In '99 some buddies and I drove down to Buffalo to see an Avs-Sabres game. Normally we went to see the Bruins (my idea) but for some reason that winter we couldn't schedule the Bruins game. I was a little disappointed but the Avs were a good team so I thought it may be interesting. Because of Forsberg, it was way more than that. By the middle of the first period, I was turning to my buddy, Micky, and saying, "That guy's feisty, isn't he?". Then I said it again once or twice before the 15 minute mark, and with a couple of minutes left in the first period Micky started turning to me and saying, "That guy really is feisty, isn't he." By the second period, we removed all other words from the sentence and just would turn to each other, sometimes in awe of what we were seeing, and just say "Feisty!" By the third period "Feisty" was almost the only word that was coming out of our mouths when Forsberg was on the ice.

I can honestly say that I have never seen a live performance from a hockey player as entertaining, and yes, "feisty", as I saw that night, and that includes Gretzky, Messier, Lemieux, Neely, etc. (saw Orr as a kid and remember he was amazing but just being a kid, the memory is a lot hazier).

As to where to rank him all time, my feeling is that he may very well crack the top 25 when you consider just how skilled he is in addition to that "feistiness".

Edited by - andyhack on 05/25/2007 14:27:44
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  01:15:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

I'm not sure where I'd put him...top 40 or 50 if we're talking entire career I suppose. That low because with injuries he missed a lot and lost a step. But that is typical of guys that play with that intensity, they burn out a-la-Bure. But it we're talking about when he was at his peak, I'd have to say top 10 or 15 in my mind. Willus pegged it, he was so strong on his skates and by far one of the most complete players. He has what I think is one of the prettiest individual effort goals I have ever seen. I'll see if I can find it.

Had any luck yet? Would love to see that goal.

And yes it´s me who voted greatest player ever as a hardcore forsberg fan there´s no point in trying to reason with me. It´s interesting to hear your opinions though.

Edited by - I´m also Cånädiön on 05/26/2007 02:42:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page