Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 even trade? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  12:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i aquired Evander Kane for JVR, in a keeper pool, i belive i got the better part of the deal. what do you think guys.

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  13:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's fair, though i think JVR's upside may be a very slight bit higher. Having said that, he's not shown signs of ever reaching it and having played on a pretty good team in Philly, he may never. Kane on the other hand, could find even more promise in a better situation?

I'd prefer Kane to JVR myself.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  19:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just re-read what i wrote and realized it sounds really confusing. What i was trying to say was that i think JVR's expectations were higher, at least those put on him by scouts, gm's, etc, than Kane's yet he hasn't really looked as though he will ever reach those heights. Kane on the other hand, seems to be doing quite well while playing on a "lesser" team with maybe more ice time opportunity but with lesser talent around him.

Maybe that makes more sense???
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  20:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally think Kane will do better, so I'd make the trade as well. But thats just me thinking that JVR has consistently underperformed so far in his (short) NHL career, while Kane has consistently improved and had a bit of a breakout last year. So you're riding momentum.

JVR will get a better chance with TOR, so time will tell. Really, this early in their respective careers its difficult to predict which will do better with any accuracy. But I've been impressed with Kane more than I've been impressed with JVR.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  10:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tough to say for this coming year, but I'd have to go with Kane. If it's weighted more for goals, it's Kane for sure I think . . . but if it's points, it really depends on where you think JVR will end up on the Leafs.

Learning from the past, I always err on the side of safety in hockey pools, so for sure would take Kane over JVR.

Good trade.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4927
( )

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  15:48:07  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, I also had a chance to get bobby Ryan for JVR, but I went with Kane due to the fact he's much younger
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  15:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was me
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  18:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's a tough one. Though he's 3 or 4 years older, Ryan is a lot more proven than both Kane and JVR. That would have been a tough one to pass up, though with the unknown of where he may play next year (and in the future), maybe Kane is the better option?
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  11:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kane for JVR is a good trade, Kane is getting more confident and he's becoming the go-to guy in Winnipeg.

JVR will have a season of adaptation for sure and as long as Kessel is with the Leafs JVR will never be the go-to guy.

As for Bobby Ryan, that's a tough one, I think I would prefer Ryan but his futur is unknown so is his pp time (with Selanne resigning) and if he'll end up on the big line or on the second line to balance things up.

The situation right now, If your pool is just points, I would of went with Bobby Ryan.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page