Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Bobby Ryan vs Patrick Sharp Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Go_Habs_Go
Rookie

157 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  22:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will get more pts in 2012-2013 (if there's a season)

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet

Choices:

Patrick Sharp
Bobby Ryan

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  05:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great question! I initially answered Bobby Ryan, without crunching any numbers or doing any analysis, but here goes on that front:

Last 3 years:

Patrick Sharp
last year - 33 goals, 36 assists, 69 points. Year before 71pts (34 goals) and before that 66 points.
He may be peaking late, but statistically, he is right at his peak, and no reason not to pencil him in for 65-70 points barring injuries - he is consistent. If things go right, high end of 75 points I'd say.

Bobby Ryan
last year - 31 goals, 26 assists, 57 points. Year before 34 goals and 71 points, year before that 35 goals and 64 points.
He is truly at the traditional NHL age and progression to be having his best years right now, and is super consistent at goal scoring - it's the assists that fluctuate. If traded, unlikely to have the chemistry he has with Getzlaf, but you never know.

Eerie, actually, that despite the age difference, tha last three years between these guys has been nearly identical. It's a pick'em statistically, so . . . how to choose?

IF - and it's a bog if - Ryan stays in Anaheim . . . I'd stick with Ryan over Sharp. His linemates Getlaf and Perry had poor years, and should rebound, so his assists should rise as a result. On the other hand, for Sharp, Toews was injured last year for a significant portion, and even that didn't slow Sharp down, it seems like he plays well with everyone.

Bottom line, it's extremely even, with maybe a slight lean towards Ryan - just for the fact of having slightly higher end teammates (for now), and being at an age where we might not have seen his statistical high yet.

But much, much closer than I at first thought.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  09:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it will ultimately depend on where Ryan ends up, assuming that he's going to be moved from ANA. Playing with Getzlaf and Perry certainly help his numbers, and there is no guarantee his new team will have that calibre of linemates for him.

Sharp on the other hand, is going to be playing with the same awesome group that he's played with in recent years, I see no reason why his numbers would slow down (barring a meltdown in CHI in general).

I pick Sharp for now, but reserve the right to change that opinion once Ryan has been traded.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page