Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 drury to san jose???? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  12:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have herd in a few places now that Chris Drury my be headed to san jose,, apprently san jose are looking to trade Patrick Marleau for some reason (i'd lock a guy like patty up) i would kill to see patty come to my canadiens man he'd be the perfect fit big tough young a leader he'd bring the guys like latendress and maxime lapierre into their scoring threshold i think!

Pasty

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  13:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It isn't that big of a surprise that SJ will look to trade Marleau this year. Reason being in that both he and Thorton will be UFA's after next season. Both will be looking for big money and the obvious choice to keep is Thorton. It's better to trade him and get something for him rather than let him walk away for nothing. They are also at $35 million on the cap this season with Hannan, Smith, Rivet, and Guerin to sign if they so choose. Marleau's $4.5 million freed up would give them options to fill holes to get them past the 2nd round of the playoffs, which has stumped them in the past few seasons.

If Marleau is up for grabs, you can bet that most teams out there will be gunning for that trade.

He would look great in Copper and Blue and definately solve the Oilers 1st line centre problem and give them a great leader in the locker room.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  13:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd hate to see Drury leave the Sabres, but if we got Marleau in return it wouldn't be all bad
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  13:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

It isn't that big of a surprise that SJ will look to trade Marleau this year. Reason being in that both he and Thorton will be UFA's after next season. Both will be looking for big money and the obvious choice to keep is Thorton. It's better to trade him and get something for him rather than let him walk away for nothing. They are also at $35 million on the cap this season with Hannan, Smith, Rivet, and Guerin to sign if they so choose. Marleau's $4.5 million freed up would give them options to fill holes to get them past the 2nd round of the playoffs, which has stumped them in the past few seasons.

If Marleau is up for grabs, you can bet that most teams out there will be gunning for that trade.

He would look great in Copper and Blue and definately solve the Oilers 1st line centre problem and give them a great leader in the locker room.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??

blue Blanc et rouge

my friend those would be his perfect colours i mean lets face we can agree he'd fit into any team well ,,, i hope gainey makes a move cuz thats what we need a big tough center man,,, i'd offer up some young blood,,, like ryan o'byrn with maybe latendress for marleau and exclusive rights to start talking to souray

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  13:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is what do the Canadians truely have that could entice a trade for Marleau??

I know the Oilers could give a 1st and 2nd round pick, a prospect, and a 2nd or 3rd line roster player.

Don't forget people, the Oilers have 4 picks in the top 36 this year and 2 first rounders next year. Not to mention something like 13-1st round picks in their system. Edmonton has a TON of prospects they can unload without selling the farm. That is very appealing to the teams looking for Cap room now and growth for the future.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  14:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very true beans but the canadiens also have lots of youth and actually to many hamilton players ready for the nhl,, i mean sure they won the championship but that is because the habs have at least 6 players on that team ready to make their dubut in the nhl the problem is,,, the habs don't have room in their lineup for all these young prospects its time to move a few so the others can get the ice time they deserve and we can get a player to pay 4 million that will actually live up to his contract unlike kovy

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  15:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. The Habs are one of the many teams in the league that need are really big revamp. Their big players don't cut the mustard and they are really not a ligitimate Cup contender. But the fact they are caped out pretty high doesn't help their cause. Could be a tough couple of years for the Canadiens before they can make a real run for Lord Stanley's Mug.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  19:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I agree. The Habs are one of the many teams in the league that need are really big revamp. Their big players don't cut the mustard and they are really not a ligitimate Cup contender. But the fact they are caped out pretty high doesn't help their cause. Could be a tough couple of years for the Canadiens before they can make a real run for Lord Stanley's Mug.

beans its next year and theres one reason why... Carey Price,,, he will be the best goalie the nhl has ever seen,,, hes got the compsure of marty the style and technique of giguere the talent of roberto and the big game abilities of roy,,,, conn smyths veizna's jennings and cup rings are in this kids futur and lot sof them!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  20:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drury would help San Jose too, another good penalty killer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page