Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Drafted Who? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  18:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never heard of either Alex Plante nor Riley Nash who both the Oilers selected 15th and 21st overall respectively. I wish they would have picked up a guy like Cherpanov or Esposito or even Backlund who were all ranked highly. But beside my disappointment, me complaining can't fix anything. Can I please have your guys opinions whether they are good or bad picks and any background info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  19:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I can tell you why they didn't pick Esposito or Cherpanov. Supposeley Esposito has a lazy work ethic so that could be one reason and for Cherpanov you can't just always be sure with Russians like I said a lot are lazy aswell.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  21:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reason russians are getting picked fewer and fewer each year is because there is no tranfer agreement, so it doesnt surprise me that Cherepanov didnt go that lhigh, but I cant tell you why with 2 picks they didnt take a chance on esposito when he was still available. I wonder, if you were about to get drafted in the first round, wouldnt you want to go to a higher team because there most likely better then one of the top teams in the draft?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4653
( )

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  21:40:52  Reply with Quote
To be honest Kevin Lowe and the oilers could have done better than picking Alex Plante. He has sized but to me he doesn't have a really good work ethic. The Calgary Hitmen used him a lot on the pp and pk but he has to get stronger. Alex should be and could be a stronger skater. Not to sure about Riley Nash
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page