Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 THN Cup Picks Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  12:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Hockey News has picked Ottawa to beat Calgary in the '08 Cup Final. Is this a joke?

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  13:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds pretty good. Calgary is very stacked. Tanguay, Huselius, Iginla, Lombardi, Langkow, Conroy, Nolan, Kipper, Phaneuf. I don't see what's so funny about that team. They were just shakey last year. and Ottawa did it last year...

Seems realistic though if Selanne and Neidermayer come back then Anaheim will probbaly win the West.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  13:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think that is some kind of joke. Calgary a stacked team? They barely made 8th last year in the west, and they had the worst road record in the league. What have they done to improve?? Nolan?? C'mon, Calgary is far from stacked.

Anaheim is still strong, as is San Jose and Detroit. Nashville is going to be weaker and LA has picked up a bit. However, the team in the West, if the chemistry works will be Colorado. They had the best record in the league the last 25 games, and adding Smyth and Hannan makes them a better team.

Definately superior to the Flames.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  15:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sens won't be the same team next year, either. '07 was the big push for them. They are going down, and will probably go out in the first round. May even have to challenge the Leafs for a playoff spot.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4024
( )

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  22:40:57  Reply with Quote
i have a good feeling lombardi is gonna have a breakout year. just watch.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  16:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It just seems to me that the Flamers have had pretty much the same lineup for too many years. Change is healthy and should be a constant. I could be wrong, but I think the addition of Owen Nolan willl actually make the team worse, having followed his tenure in T.O., and the ensueing contract dispute. Keenan will not like this team, and this team will not like Keenan. Very predictable.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page