Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Crosby gets an "A" Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  13:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is a bit premature to have this guy as a leader in the room. He needs to learn from Mario, Recchi, Leclair, etc. Guys who have played 15+ years and who have won Cups make good leaders. That's not to say he won't be a Captain in the future - I believe he will. He just needs some time.

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  19:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't necessarily agree with it either, but Crosby's been a leader all his life. I got to watch him in Major Midget here with the Subways, I even know a few guys who played with him when they were in peewee and they could affirm that he's always been the leader on his team. He is not THE leader but he is one, and it's great because he can back up any attempts to rally his team with performance, after all he is the leading Penguin scorer. He's also used to carrying his team through seasons and despite the fact it's not entirely the case now, it continues his sense of responsibility. I don't think giving him an "A" is such a bad idea, although I wouldn't agree with anything more.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  23:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's a punk.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  09:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why thank you for the insight Blade. How long did it take to plan out that response?

Babs, I agree that he can score and can rally the team but you know as well as I do that a goal scorer does not always make for the best captain. I hope that it helps his development into the superstar that he will eventually become.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  13:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not solely based on the fact he can score I said he deserves the 'A'. He's been a leader all his life with every team he's played for since he could talk and now's not any different. I think it's a good idea and maybe the vets will figure if a kid can do it, then I should be able to too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page