Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 A quick question about pool trades Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spade632
Rookie

Canada
247 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  16:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I will be setting about a regular season pool for some friends and want to limit the trade dates to 5 (One trade a month for Oct-Feb). This seems like it will be fairly easy to do.

What I want to know is how do the trades work? Does the pool manager manually enter all trades or do the pool participants do the trades themselves?

Any help would be appreciated.

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  18:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pool manager will have to key in the trades himself.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4043
( )

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  22:40:10  Reply with Quote
unlimited trades are allowed. You can do split trades (keep old points to trade date and then start collecting new points from trade date) and you can do replacement trades (swap out all the old points for new ones) bablaboushka is right, the admin keys in the trades. it's pretty easy though.
Go to Top of Page

zimmergr
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  06:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another trade question:

If I set up a pool to use the best 10 out of 12 players how do split trades work?

Thanks,

g.
Go to Top of Page

spade632
Rookie

Canada
247 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  06:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bablaboushka - perfect, thanks for the info

4043 - What I have in mind, as stated above is one trade per month (Oct-Feb) using Split trade format so no one can score an easy bonus from trading a poorly performing player for a hot player.

Thank you both for the input.

Edited by - spade632 on 09/11/2007 06:47:01
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  09:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zimmergr

Another trade question: If I set up a pool to use the best 10 out of 12 players how do split trades work?

Hi zimmergr. I responded to your question yesterday in email but maybe you didn't get it. Good question though, so I'll post my response here too.

As guest 4043 stated above, we have 2 types of trades that you can choose from:
1) Replacement Trade – where you trade away the old player’s points and acquire all of the new player’s points from the start of your season.
2) Split Trade - where you collect the points of the traded player up to the deadline and you collect the points of the acquired player starting after the deadline

So it sounds like you want to do a “split trade”. In that case, using your example of keeping the top 10 out of 12 players, if the combined total points of the 2-player-trade-combination is still lower than the points from each of the top ten players then the 2-player-trade-combination will be omitted from the total.

In our pools you'll always be able to see your old players that were traded so you can at a glance track your points. It's pretty cool. So although I used 2-player-trades in the example above it really could apply to an ongoing trade of dozens of players or more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page