Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Luongo's future home - Poll Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  13:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Where is Luongo going to end up for the shortened season.? Not much time before it starts and the Canucks must feel the pressure.

Choices:

Vancouver
Florida
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Chicago
Other

Edited by - leigh on 01/27/2013 17:44:14

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  04:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to be a foregone conclusion, knowing the situation as well as I do, knowing Burke and Toronto's needs as I do, and knowing the pressure the Vancouver GM is feeling to get it done.

My prediction is that within 2 days of the new CBA being ratified, Luongo is a Leaf.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  09:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now that Burke has been fired, i doubt he'll be in Toronto anytime soon. look for him to stay in Vancouver this season and try to help them win the Cup.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  11:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The shortened season definitely makes it much more possible that Luongo remains a Canuck, at least until the deadline. However, if i'm betting on it, i say he's moved later this week with Toronto or Florida being the likely destination(s). I would have said Toronto for sure but with the Burke firing i'm not so sure. Then again, it was Dave Nonis who made the deal to bring him to Vancouver so maybe he's still big on him and will complete this deal. I just wonder, there were a lot of rumours that there was a deal already agreed upon and both sides were awaiting a new CBA deal, and now that there is a deal (CBA), where does that deal stand considering Burke must have been heavily involved and is obviously not now???
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  12:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've been hearing that Gillis is asking for both Kadri and Gardiner; Burke didn't want to pay that price; MLSE did.
now that Burke is gone, will MLSE push Nonis to make that deal? and will Nonis do it? i certainly hope not. i wouldn't even trade Kadri and Bozak for Luongo and his contract.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  12:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, hearing the same. As a VAN fan, I'd be extremely happy with that deal. Kadri IMO is a bit of a throwaway - a reclamation project that didn't pan out in TOR, but you never know in VAN. But Gardiner would be highly coveted.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  18:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still don't see Vancouver getting Gardiner in the deal, unless the Leafs are very concerned with his concussion issues? Regardless of what / who the deal involves, i'm pretty sure that Bozak will be in the mix as Vancouver is still looking for depth at center and he's been rumoured to be part of any deal for some time now.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5443
( )

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  18:48:08  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

now that Burke has been fired, i doubt he'll be in Toronto anytime soon. look for him to stay in Vancouver this season and try to help them win the Cup.

What happens to Luongo when, after staying for this shortened season, he helps the team win the cup.
I would LOVE to hear Vancouver fans comments then!
Even better, I would love to hear Leaf fans going on about how THEY could have had him!!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  19:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep hearing rumours that Loungo had or has Edmonton on his short list of preferred destinations. Anyone else here rumours of this sort. Would be interesting if Edmonton could package something up and retain a goaltender of this calibre. With all the rumours of Burke wanting Loungo I find it interesting that as of his firing the rumours seem to be getting stronger for Loungo in a Leafs uniform. My money is on the Leafs going hard into rebuild mode. Not really a whole lot of room for a hefty Loungo contract should the Leafs do a rebuild.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  04:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New rumour is that Philly is now in the mix and has made inquiries on Luongo. Obviously, they'd be moving Bryzgalov at the same time one would think . . .

I have to think that the more teams that are interested in Luongo, the higher the price. My guess a week ago for Luongo's price was probably at an all-time low for a really quality goaltender, but now . . . with the Burke firing over what seems to be partially an indifference to acquiring Luongo, to Philly now in it . . . the price might be going up.

Still, I am betting that unless a team is willing to give up too much (Gardiner from the Leafs, or say Matt Read from Philly) that there will be a quiet period for a couple of days after the players ratify the deal, THEN the price will go back down again.

Vancouver HAS to get this deal done.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  09:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, i read the Philly rumours as well, including ones that totally deny it, but i think if they did aquire Luongo, they'd be stuck with Bryzgalov for the season then use the new "buy out" clause or whatever it's called, to rid themselves of him (Bryz).
I haven't fully read the new CBA stuff so i don't know how this buyout thing works other than the fact that the team will still be cap affected to some degree. Read it briefly and it sounds sorta confusing?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  14:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard Edmonton today as well. I don't like the fit personally.

My take, for what it's worth, is that unless the deal is super-cherry Vancouver would be dumb to move him. The rules around the signing team getting the cap hit if a player retires before the end of their contract sucks for the Canucks. Vancouver also loses the ability to buy out Luongo in the off-season of '13 or '14 if they trade him. If Luongo will be a team guy, having a tandem of Luongo and Schneider in a short season is HUGE. Unless the Canucks can get fantastic young players in return, they actually have more long term value in buying out Luongo and not having the issue of a $5.3 cap hit coming back to them if Bobby retires.

I don't see Luongo going anywhere except to become a free agent next year. At that time he can sign with FLA for a reasonable contract for 2-3 years and retire.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  15:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans.....again, i've not fully read/understood the new cba. IF Vancouver kept Luongo, then bought him out in the summer, does it not still affect their cap position moving forward?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  20:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Beans.....again, i've not fully read/understood the new cba. IF Vancouver kept Luongo, then bought him out in the summer, does it not still affect their cap position moving forward?

The buyout would probably be one of the 2 "amnesty buyouts" allowed by the new CBA in each of the next 2 offseasons. Those buyouts do not count against the cap.

I don't think that VAN will buy out Luongo in this fashion.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  20:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The buy out rule is clear. Each team can buy out two contracts that do not count against the the cap but count against HRR. What is being coined the Luongo Rule is a bit more complicated. Ultimately, Vancouver would pay for Luongo long after he retires (if he retires before the end of his career).

It's explained in this article:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/luongo-rule-nhl-cba-punish-cap-circumventing-contracts-153717517--nhl.html

So the question is:

Trade Luongo for less than his value and risk paying for it down the road

or

Keep him for the next 48 games plus playoffs, buy him out and get nothing for him, but no have no negative impact to the cap hit in the future?

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  20:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting, thanks guys. I guess it all comes down to how long they figure Lu will play? If they're certain he'll play 8 more years, they prob won't care about 2 years left at that point as the cap will likely be much higher and they could absorb the small hit that it would bring? However, what if Lu decides 4 years from now to call it quits?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  22:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting, thanks guys. I guess it all comes down to how long they figure Lu will play? If they're certain he'll play 8 more years, they prob won't care about 2 years left at that point as the cap will likely be much higher and they could absorb the small hit that it would bring? However, what if Lu decides 4 years from now to call it quits?

My understanding of this rule is the longer Luongo plays, the worse it is for VAN - unless he plays the full deal.

If Luongo gets traded before the start of the year, VAN will have gotten cap savings of 6m (17m in salary paid minus 11m cap hit) over the first 2 years of the deal. VAN will get dinged that 6m in cap hit, spread over the number of years Luongo had remaining on his deal. So if he plays 3 more years, he would have played a total of 5 years of a 12 year deal - VAN would be charged a cap hit of 6m / 7 years, or just under a million per year for 7 years

Should the cap continue to go up, it should be manageable - although, as VAN does generally spend to the cap it will be felt. I would rather have a small hit over many years... Should Luongo retire with 1 year left on his deal, VAN wouldbtake a 6m cap hit for one season. Yikes.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  08:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that didn't take long... TSN and local news are reporting a potential deal for Luongo - with no one that we expect - pending another player on the acquiring team. I guess "no one that we expect" means its not TO... some teams that come to mind for me are PHI (what will they do with Bryz), NJ, or TB.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  09:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

Well that didn't take long... TSN and local news are reporting a potential deal for Luongo - with no one that we expect - pending another player on the acquiring team. I guess "no one that we expect" means its not TO... some teams that come to mind for me are PHI (what will they do with Bryz), NJ, or TB.

Lol, nuxfan, you beat me to the punch. I just started a new thread on this as i couldn't seem to find this one! Maybe one of the mod's can move my post over here and close that other one off?

As far as speculation, TB is an interesting one and was mentioned yesterday when Lindback got lit up in the 2nd period. But like the Schneider situation, do they really sour on the guy after one bad game? Or, unlike the Canucks and Schneider, were they not all that high on him to begin with? TBay has to consider the fact that Marty St. Louis isn't getting any younger and while Stamkos will be around for another decade plus, much of their core may not be. Maybe they think they've got the pieces in place for a cup run this year or next and take a shot at Luongo??? Tough to say, but i rule out Philly if Gillis is being honest because they have been in the mix.

Maybe Beans' nightmare will come true and it's a deal with the Oilers. Coming back this way of course would have to be RNH, Eberle and one of either Yakupov or Hall?
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  10:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one thing i do wonder. Luongo has been known throughout his career to be a slow starter. with this in mind, why would a team be willing to take a chance on him this season? especially if he hasn't played since last spring. by the time he gets rolling again you could be on the outside looking in and be hard pressed to make that final push.

i'm very curious to see where he ends up and what players come back to Vancouver.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  10:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like you Alex, but "wow" shoot for the fence here with the return from the Oilers. They would be lucky to get a first round draft pick and Gagner.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

Lol, nuxfan, you beat me to the punch. I just started a new thread on this as i couldn't seem to find this one! Maybe one of the mod's can move my post over here and close that other one off?

As far as speculation, TB is an interesting one and was mentioned yesterday when Lindback got lit up in the 2nd period. But like the Schneider situation, do they really sour on the guy after one bad game? Or, unlike the Canucks and Schneider, were they not all that high on him to begin with? TBay has to consider the fact that Marty St. Louis isn't getting any younger and while Stamkos will be around for another decade plus, much of their core may not be. Maybe they think they've got the pieces in place for a cup run this year or next and take a shot at Luongo??? Tough to say, but i rule out Philly if Gillis is being honest because they have been in the mix.

Maybe Beans' nightmare will come true and it's a deal with the Oilers. Coming back this way of course would have to be RNH, Eberle and one of either Yakupov or Hall?

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 01/22/2013 11:42:50
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  11:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I like you Alex, but "wow" shoot for the fence here with the return from the Oilers. They would be lucky to get a first round draft pick and Gagne.

quote:

Uhhhh, you serious Joshua? You didn't really think i was serious with that return on Luongo did you? Heck, i've been preaching for almost a year now that Gillis is asking for too much. If you really didn't get it, i was totally kidding. If it wasn't obvious enough with the players i suggested, i even added the for sarcastic effect. I do not for a second think that the Canucks could pry ANY one of the three i mentioned in a deal for Luongo, unless of course they threw in Edler, a couple of Sedin's and a handful of 1st rounders!!!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  11:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seen the sarcasm. Just thought I'd throw out what I think the Canucks could or should expect. First rounder might be even a little high, but a pick plus Gagner should be about right.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I like you Alex, but "wow" shoot for the fence here with the return from the Oilers. They would be lucky to get a first round draft pick and Gagne.

quote:

Uhhhh, you serious Joshua? You didn't really think i was serious with that return on Luongo did you? Heck, i've been preaching for almost a year now that Gillis is asking for too much. If you really didn't get it, i was totally kidding. If it wasn't obvious enough with the players i suggested, i even added the for sarcastic effect. I do not for a second think that the Canucks could pry ANY one of the three i mentioned in a deal for Luongo, unless of course they threw in Edler, a couple of Sedin's and a handful of 1st rounders!!!

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 01/22/2013 11:42:00
Go to Top of Page

Guest4382
( )

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  11:41:33  Reply with Quote
islanders or sharks
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  14:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big question here is "Is Mike Gillis simply looking to stir the pot and make some team's which may be still kicking the tires on Luongo, think that there's a serious player in the mix"??? As in, is he trying to either up the price, or justify his asking price by making it look like there's a mystery team in the mix?

Also, it's important to read the quote from Gillis carefully.....

"We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it's not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we've been offered packages that don't fit what our plan is, what we need," Gillis told the Sun.

I bolded the part that's important. IF you read it quickly, it sounds like a mystery team, but if you read it carefully, it could very well still be the team's who've been rumoured these past 6 months (Leafs, Philly, Florida, TB) but for a "player" who nobody is thinking!

He's been mentioned in rumours before (mostly Gillis' asking price ones), but it's interesting to note that Gardiner is almost back from his concussion issue and could that be what these teams are waiting for? Also to add fuel to this possibility, the Leafs, though obviously it's very early, have had a nice early season surprise in the emergence of journeyman "rookie" Mike Kostka on their blueline. Could this guy help the Leafs enough to consider parting with Gardiner? Or, could the fact that Kadri made the team and so far and has played well be holding up the deal? Was he part of a deal in principal before suddenly looking good in the blue and white? Has Nonis changed his tune and decided he doesn't want to part with this kid? Again, early in the season, but give the kid credit for making this team with only a 1 week camp.

Again, could all just be a play by Gillis to drum up more interest or to scare teams who may be interested into upping their offers but it's always fun to speculate......
Go to Top of Page

Guest4678
( )

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  14:19:47  Reply with Quote
im thinking this is going to be a three way dance.. lou to phiily for no idea then bryzcala to the oilers then oilers to the nucks Gagne plus dubnyk.. Going to be intresting Trade...
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  14:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4678

im thinking this is going to be a three way dance.. lou to phiily for no idea then bryzcala to the oilers then oilers to the nucks Gagne plus dubnyk.. Going to be intresting Trade...

That's an interesting idea. Never thought of that kind of deal where the Canucks would prefer to not trade within their div/conf but Bryzgalov going their way would make some sense. However, having all those young guns to keep happy money-wise, would they wanna take on Bryz's deal?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4678
( )

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  15:44:18  Reply with Quote
maybe even a florida , philly , nucks..

Wait and see nucks are going to get killed in this deal no matter who they get
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  15:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me see if I follow....at the end of the day.....Gagner and Dubnyk for Bryzgalov....Luongo in Philly.

The rocks on the coast of Newfoundland hold water better than the sheep of Saskatchewan and have better fur than the Washington bigfoot.

There, that actually makes more sense!

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  15:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know FER, I think Bryzcala is a fantastic dogde ball player. It certainly would help the Oiler cause.

That also makes more sense.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  16:36:06  Reply with Quote
Wow, absolutely ridiculous
Go to Top of Page

Guest4678
( )

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  18:59:46  Reply with Quote
There well be other in deal but that well be a major factor i believe.. Philly losing 3 straight wont sit well in philly..
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  22:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4678

There well be other in deal but that well be a major factor i believe.. Philly losing 3 straight wont sit well in philly..

That's kinda what i figured you were implying, that there'd be others involved and not just the names mentioned. The 3 team deal was what i was referring to when i said i'd not really given much consideration to it.....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  05:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there probably is some truth to this Philly three way deal with Vancouver, with Luongo going to Philly. Man, how the Flyers have bungled so badly with contracts and trades with such a wealth of talent is . . . well, it's pretty humorous, as a Philly non-fan (and big time Bobby Clarke hater, even though he's just an exec with the team now. his presence dirties them still!).

Shortened season, 0-3, defence and goaltending poor to crappy. With a team that was supposed to be contending last year and this year going forward.

On top of all that . . . the Vancouver GM, that idiot Gillis (sorry, but I think he has bungled this so badly he deserves to be in the idiot category at this point) makes grandiose statements about a deal being in place, hoping I suppose for a better offer (otherwise he would have made no statement and it would be a done deal just waiting for whatever they were waiting for to happen).

I tell ya, I defintely did not in my wildest dreams ever think a GM would be stupid enough to still have Luongo 3 games into a shortened season, but here we are . . . it's one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

I will say one thing: a classier individual (at least publicly) I have not seen, when faced with such absurd and difficult circumstances, than Roberto Luongo. I can only gues how motivated he is going to be on his new team as well!

And after Gillis' comments, there is Luongo saying he has yet to be approached by Gillis about a team (he has a no-trade, so has to okay a deal). Funny that, eh?

Wheels keep on spinnin' round, spinnin' round, spinnin' round . . .

Go to Top of Page

Guest2340
( )

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  07:28:16  Reply with Quote
Mike Gillis gone after this season
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  10:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PHI was rumoured to be in the running for Luongo earlier in the year - get Luongo, buy out Bryz in the offseason as an amnesty buyout. As potetially risky as Luongo's 10 year contract might be, it is nothing compared to 7 more years of Bryz the basketcase...

But if it is PHI, I'm not sure why a 3-way deal is required. PHI have more than enough assets that would be palatable to VAN to make this deal on their own. VAN and PHI would be perfect dance partners IMO - PHI has forwards that VAN needs, and VAN has goaltending and defense that PHI needs.

In regards to "the other player" - it could be one of VAN's players that has a NTC that needs to be waived...

In regards to Gillis - yeah, I didn't think we'd have Luongo 3 games in either, but I trust MG to do what is best for the team. Perhaps Luongo's classiness has convinced him that there will be no locker room issues, and therefore its not as important to move him quickly, so he hangs on for a good deal. Luongo played very well in a 3-2 SO loss to EDM the other night, so he is still helping the team, and there appears to be no locker room scuffles or issues right now. So he's held on for a better deal.

Whats worse, a GM that creates media controversy by keeping a player, or one that gives an all-star goalie away for scraps in a rush to avoid it? I reserve judgement of Gillis until after a trade is made.
Go to Top of Page

dgg1412
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  13:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find the Philly rumers to be funny. Any trade that might happen are always going to be tied to Philly they cant stop redoing there roster. The problems that they are having so far this season will soon turn into a panic trade but it isnt the goalie that is the biggest problem in Philly it is there style. They got it into there head that they are now a speed and dangle team not a hard to play against team that they have been for the last 40 years. There 1st round win last season was the worst thing for there franchise. This season is showing that they are weak on defence and the forwards as a unit dont know how to find there own end of the ice. You put Lou on the Flyers and give up the pcs that Van is going to want it will make no difference to there season. It would be a step back again for the franchise. It would make more sence for the Caps to trade for him and give Holtby more time to develop.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  20:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who orginally ( GM ) gave this contract to Lou ?

What is he now...something like 33 years old ?

Is it true that he has 10 years remaining on his contract which will take him up to 43 years old in his last year ?

If these numbers are right, i think the NHL should put a new clause in the CBA .....which-ever moron GM signs players to these long-term, stupid contracts.....should be forced to keep that player until the end of his contract.

I`d love for Toronto to have Luongo.....but at what cost ??

5 years down the road he is around 38 - 39 years old.......with another 5 years left on his contract !!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i should imagine he would be very sharp then....oh the groin pulls.....

I hope he stays in Van. for the next 10 years .......where he signed his contract

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  08:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm, Duke??? There is a clause in the new CBA that says if a player retired before the end of the contract the original team who signed the player is penalized on their cap.

It's a long and confusing formula to figure out but exactly what thinks should happen does happen.
Go to Top of Page

dgg1412
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  12:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the case of Luongo his money remains on the cap till the contract runs out he was over 30 when he signed. I am not sure of the new rules but under the old CBA all players over 30 who signed contracts the full contract stays on no matter if they retire before the end of the contract.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  12:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dgg1412

In the case of Luongo his money remains on the cap till the contract runs out he was over 30 when he signed. I am not sure of the new rules but under the old CBA all players over 30 who signed contracts the full contract stays on no matter if they retire before the end of the contract.

You're thinking of a 35+ contract - that rule only exists for 35 and over.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page