Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Fleury sets club record Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  16:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to Marc Andre Fleury on becoming the Penguin's all time winningest goalie today in the pens 3-1 win over Philadelphia. Fleury now has 227 career wins.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  23:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! I'd never have thought he'd be up there that quickly! I just assumed Barrasso had more than that? Didn't Barrasso play there for 10 years or so?
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  07:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barrasso played for Pit. for maybe 11 or even 12 seasons, but a few were almost completely missed due to injuries. Still you would first assume him to be the club wins leader due just to length of service and the fact that it was a club that won two Stanley Cups.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  07:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time flies! It has been longer than it seems - Fleury is now in his eighth season with the Pens! Though the first two were partial seasons.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  21:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time does fly by! I would have honestly guess 5 or 6 years for Fleury . . .

This is another example of the Wins in overtime and shootout skewing the stats. It isn't really fair to compare, IMHO, a goalie like Fleury who has spent most of his career in the "no ties" era, while Barrasso the ---hole did his time entirely within the "ties included" era. I remember talking about this when discussing which Leaf goalie shared the record for most wins in a season (with Belfour at 37) . . . and while most fans of other teams might guess modern era goalies like Cujo or Potvin - when the Leafs were good, it is actually held by a less noteworthy name in Raycroft.

All that being said, it is noteworthy in that it speaks of how dominating the Pens have been record-wise in the Crosby/Malkin era.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page