Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Help me make a trade. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest7443
( )

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  08:54:02  Reply with Quote
I'm dead last in my pool and here are my underachievers right now, I know it's early but with a shortened season there isn't much time to wait.

Mark Giordano (D)
Jack Johnson (D)
Stephan Weiss (injured Day to day F)
Bryan Little (F)
Derek Roy (F)

Here are the list of players available

Forwards

Sullivan Steve
Conacher Cory
Grabner Michael
Koivu Saku
Winnik Daniel
Glencross Curtis
Ladd Andrew
Mcdonald Andy

Defense

Diaz Raphael
Markov Andrei
Tyutin Fedor
Morris Derek
Martin Paul
Zidlicky Marek
Souray Sheldon

Pool Points
1P = Goal, Assist, SHG
3P= Hat Trick

I have 3 trades for the season, what trade(s) should I make and for who?

Guest4654
( )

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  09:01:40  Reply with Quote
markov for jj
Hold of on roy for the time being he well get hot..
I have zidlicky

Other then that just hold off for another week..
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  09:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too would pickup markov, he's looking to have a bounceback season, esp on the PP. Cash in Giordano.

I'd hold off on the rest, only a week in. I think Roy will be fine, Little will be fine. Weiss, depends on how long he's out. If you are going to trade a forward, cash in Weiss, pickup McDonald.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  11:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that you shouldn't panic just yet. Jamie Benn is due back on Monday therefore just wait and see where they slot him in as it will affect Roy. Roy has been playing mostly with Eriksson and Jagr. Now that Jagr is out, see who moves into that spot and maybe there's some chemistry as Jagr had the one big game to start the season and has done absolutely nothing since!

Markov, though injury prone, is a no brainer. Get him before someone else does. If you're in last, you need to gamble a bit so an injury prone guy shouldn't matter. Same goes with Andy Mcdonald if you should go for a forward, however, i'd be a little worried that with Tarasenko doing as well as he is, they could bump him up to the first line (Tarasenko that is). They prob won't mess with what's working, but if they suddenly falter a bit, that change could be made. Either way, if Mcdonald stays healthy, a big IF, he's usually good for a 70pt (approx) pace over a full season.

The other fwd i'd consider is Conacher. Yes, he's a rookie and could easily slow down the torrid pace he's on. BUT, he's playing with confidence, has found chemistry with both the Lecavalier line and the Stamkos/St. Louis line and will get more and more PP time if he keeps playing well! He could be a gem in this shortened season.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4500
( )

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  13:12:55  Reply with Quote
Alex, what about Gomez? I know you are a big fan especially his contract.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7443
( )

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  13:48:07  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I agree that you shouldn't panic just yet. Jamie Benn is due back on Monday therefore just wait and see where they slot him in as it will affect Roy. Roy has been playing mostly with Eriksson and Jagr. Now that Jagr is out, see who moves into that spot and maybe there's some chemistry as Jagr had the one big game to start the season and has done absolutely nothing since!

Markov, though injury prone, is a no brainer. Get him before someone else does. If you're in last, you need to gamble a bit so an injury prone guy shouldn't matter. Same goes with Andy Mcdonald if you should go for a forward, however, i'd be a little worried that with Tarasenko doing as well as he is, they could bump him up to the first line (Tarasenko that is). They prob won't mess with what's working, but if they suddenly falter a bit, that change could be made. Either way, if Mcdonald stays healthy, a big IF, he's usually good for a 70pt (approx) pace over a full season.

The other fwd i'd consider is Conacher. Yes, he's a rookie and could easily slow down the torrid pace he's on. BUT, he's playing with confidence, has found chemistry with both the Lecavalier line and the Stamkos/St. Louis line and will get more and more PP time if he keeps playing well! He could be a gem in this shortened season.

Who should I drop for Markov?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4654
( )

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  14:34:06  Reply with Quote
Jack Johnson

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  16:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4500

Alex, what about Gomez? I know you are a big fan especially his contract.

uh...Really not sure where this comes from but Gomez's value in hockey pools is pretty much non existent at this point in his career.

Id prob drop Giordano for Markov.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6041
( )

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  19:32:27  Reply with Quote
get McDonald if you are't afraid of injuries. I was at our draft and passed andy by, I regret it. Keep Roy.
Keep a trade in case someone on your roster gets seriously injured.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page