Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 has Magnus Paajarvi arrived? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  07:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't see a lot of Edmonton games living on the east coast. There was a lot of hype about this kid when he was first drafted since then it seems he has been hot and cold and in and out of the NHL roster which is perfectly normal for a 21 year old kid. Lately i have noticed he is hitting the score sheet with consistency and from what i have seen of highlights his talent is shining through. My question to Edmonton fans and anyone who gets a chance to watch this kid play has he finally arrived ?

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  17:35:10  Reply with Quote
Not sure he is fully there yet but he has definetly made progress. Seen him take the puck over the blue line the other day and no one was open so he drove the net. Almost scored too! He could be a great power forward in a couple years.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  13:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, he has or arrived. One thing Paajarvi is doing more this year is going to the net hard. He has always a been a fast and throng player but was known to button hook along the boards rather than taking the puck to the net. He has changed that under Kruger and is getting rewarded for it on the score sheet. Even with that said, 7 pts in 22 games is a marginal 3 line player. The Oilers have a number of players that fit the similar mood of Paajarvi (Jones, Hartikenen, Smyth, Petrell, Lander) and Paajarvi is not the leader of that pack.

He has improved this season but still not where a 10th overall pick should be after nearly 150 NHL games. He still has a long way to go.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page