Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Crosby out Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  12:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw online that the puck that hit Crosby in the face in yesterdays game resulted in a broken jaw which has been wired shut and the Kid will be out for an indefinate period of time. I didn't see the game, but the initial reports I saw didn't indicate anything this bad; it sounded more like he must have had to leave the ice to get a few stitches or something minor like that.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  13:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The replay looked pretty bad. Full on shot hit him in the lower face, ouch! That's got to be tough with his jaw wired shut.

With the recent mandatory visor debate, do you think the league will get to a point where guys wear full face protection on a full time basis?
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  13:57:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might not be a bad idea to do it voulantarily. But I do miss the old days when you could recognize Phil Esposito, et.al., immediately on sight.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  19:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman
. I didn't see the game, but the initial reports I saw didn't indicate anything this bad; it sounded more like he must have had to leave the ice to get a few stitches or something minor like that.

When he didn't return somewhat quickly, i knew it had to be quite serious. He's a hockey player! While some like to call him names and imply he's a wimp, he'd have been back out there for sure, if it were simply a cut or some teeth knocked out.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  08:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tough one for Sid! It looked like a super hard shot, and it hit him directly, so he really didn't catch a break on this one (sorry, no pun intended).

It's a real shame that the best player in the game gets put out by his own teammate on a freak play. Wonder if it will affect MVP voting? In a shortened season . . . it's even longer to be out, really.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest4732
( )

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  08:20:29  Reply with Quote
The replays clearly show a couple teeth being ejected upon impact.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  10:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo.....did you call the TEAM1040 radio station here in Vancouver this morning??? A called called in and stated that due to Crosby's injury, he could very well find it tough to win the Hart. Taking into consideration the fact that the Lightning appear to be on the verge of missing the playoffs, Stamkos might be ruled out of the Hart as well? Seems it's an open race now? So, said called.....errrr, cough, cough, Slozo, said "why not Kadri?".

It's a very interesting and valid suggestion. While i don't think he'll win it, nor be final 3, he could very well be in the conversation. He sits 6th in league scoring(pts) and tied for 8th in goals. His +20 looks really nice as well, though not a major stat as far as relevancy.

Not sure if Crosby will be back before playoffs, but i think he's still got a very good shot at the Hart.

Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  10:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the Pens falter without Crosby, that might make him a lock to win it.
Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  10:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kadri is 6th in points! I had to check that to believe it. Good for him. I'm not a Leafs fan, but I get a little tired of their suffering and hope they make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page