Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Gryba hit on Eller - 2 game suspension Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  15:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I'd like to see headshots being a game misconduct 100% of the time regardless of intent and repeat offenders on an intentional headshot given 1 game suspensions for 2nd infraction, if the play results in an injury having a matched suspension. That would be the best way to reduce headshots.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  15:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah beans you have every right to your opinion and in my opinion the thought that shanahan and co are bias towards the habs is childish

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  16:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
.......if I pull out a gun and shoot Alex but he doesn't die, I get punished with attempted murder..

Yeah right. You prob wouldn't even get in trouble. Like a Canuck goalie and puck, it'd prob fly right through me.

Go Canucks go?

Edited by - Alex116 on 05/08/2013 11:45:34
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  19:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after tonights game who is going to tell me their is a bias towards the habs?

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Guest7114
( )

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  20:12:14  Reply with Quote
I think that was bull crap! Watch the hit 5 times and you'll see that it was a body hit, not a head shot! I am not a Sens of a Habs fan, but I think this suspension was uncalled for. Some hits are defiantly Head shots and some aren't and this wasn't one! The hit was intended a body hit, and that was thd first thing that was hit was his chest. Yes, his head was hit, but after he contacted the body.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  05:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's quite easy to see historically that there has been a Habs bias, sure, and it's a result of Habs fans being so crazy about their team. Honestly, I think that is it - when fandom become so rabid, there is an incredible amount of pressure exerted by the rich and powerful fans to "get something done", statements and threats and directives are made through channels, and . . . it's basically a full court press. Honestly, I think the NHL definitely gives the Montreal Canadiens preferential treatment, and half of it is reading their completely skewed and rose-coloured glasses media; part of it is pandering to the fans/pressure. But I see it, for sure.

Many here have defended without example of similar things happening for other teams in the playoffs, and no suspensions . . . and yet, no examples have been given.

May 29, 2011 Horton, NathanNathan Horton Boston Bruins Throwing a water bottle at Tampa Bay Lightning fans following Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals.[50] $ 2,500 U.S.

Wouldn't shooting a puck at someone, intent to injure, be worse?

Shooting the puck at another player HAS happened before, but darned if I can't find when it last happened . . . doesn't happen very often, as it's a cowardly act, and one that is very very dangerous.

The comments from the player about the Sens coach . . . not only is it disrespectful, it should be an automatic fine. Fines are regularly levied in these cases. Not for Montreal players apparently though.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  06:43:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How dare you Slozo! Those are nothing but childish remarks and totally unfounded.

Montreal did enough to embarass themselves that game so they don't deserve any further discipline from the NHL. They learned their lesson.

And Pasty, I wanted most of last night's game. To be honest, I missed the 3rd period and overtime but before that I did see a LOT of liberties taken by both teams. I was surprised that the refs were not tighter on the calls based on what happened the game before, but both teams were pretty chippy and choppy. I didn't see anything more from one team over the other.

But that is just my childish opinion I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9239
( )

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  07:57:27  Reply with Quote
Your telling me that there is a difference between Ference's elbow(1game suspension) and Whites brutal slash(no suspension). What is it? Both players atempted to hurt the other but one gets a game and one doesn't. I would argue ferences actions were more of a hockey play or reaction than what white did. Totally there is a bias when it comes to the Montreal Canadiens.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  12:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it funny that so many can claim the bias towards Montreal yet when a Canucks fan brings up anything to do with the opposite here in Vancouver (refs biased negatively towards the Canucks for example), we get ripped! Even the Canucks haters opinions on their "whining and diving", etc, being worse than other teams. It's laughable.....

Notice how no one's mentioned the ridiculous difference in PP's SJ got over Vancouver? No one mentioned the embellishment that SJ was accused of. WHY? Because Vancouver's reputation is so bad that there's no way another team could do such back to them, right? Or those few who will admit that some calls were definitely thrown SJ's way will simply right it off as "Karma" or "the Canucks deserved it".

Anyone see the slash on Thornton from game 3? You know, the one where he got slashed on his stick, close to his right hand, but did the old "let go of the stick / glove wiggle" with his other hand??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=khCm7Ly0pjk

Stuff like that would have the Canucks publicly humiliated by the haters!

Go to Top of Page

Guest4350
( )

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  12:47:17  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9239

Your telling me that there is a difference between Ference's elbow(1game suspension) and Whites brutal slash(no suspension). What is it? Both players atempted to hurt the other but one gets a game and one doesn't. I would argue ferences actions were more of a hockey play or reaction than what white did. Totally there is a bias when it comes to the Montreal Canadiens.

If you are going to compare elbows, it would be Rene Bourque to Conacher with no suspension.

Though precedence was set by not suspending Dustin Brown for his elbow, knee and what ever else on Schwartz in game 1.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  12:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow the wheels have fallen off on this debate. Team Bias, what about my team, childish rants. Curious, who thought the game last night, although chippy to begin with was a fun game to watch until the ref's bungled it up. Forget the hundreds of no calls, crap icing calls, wrong sided faceoff and the debateble 1st Ottawa goal, it was a fun game to watch. The tying goal within the last minute and the overtime winner, Priceless! (not a shot on Price) Gryba served the suspension that was handed down, Larsen may have a chance to play again soon and this is clearly the most talked about rivalry this year. Loven it!

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page