Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 New Power Line? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  20:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else agree with me when I say that the Leafs now have an elite first line?

Tier 1

Alfredsson - Spezza - Heatley
Prospal - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Michalek - Thornton - Cheechoo
Kovalchuk - Holik - Hossa
Gagne - Briere - Knuble

Tier 2

Staal - Crosby - Sykora
Smyth - Sakic - Brunette
Huselius - Tanguay - Iginla
Blake - Sundin - Antropov
Ovechkin - Nylander - Kozlov
Brown - Cammalleri - Kopitar
Vanek - Roy - Afinogenov
Stillman - Staal - Cole

I have the leafs line over lines like Washington's and LA's because we've got the two way play and we are incredibly versatile on offense.
The line reminds me of the incredible Sharks line. Scores many different kind of goals. Got the speed, size, and skill. Hopefully Antropov can stay healthy, because after tonight it looks as though he may breakout.
Tell me if I'm being a homer, heh.

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  08:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are my thoughts.

I think you might have a couple of the lines off a bit. For example:

Col - Smyth-Sakic-Hedjuk
Cal - Tanguay - Conroy - Iginla

There may be a few others.

Also, how can you not have Staal - Crosby - Sykora as on of the top 5 lines in the league?? The combined for 215 points last year not playing together. Sykora has shown 30+ goal seasons in the past, and playing with Crosby should make an increase.

As far as your question, I would put the TO line in the Top 15, but not the top 10.

And where is Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Holmstrom??

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  12:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kashmire, you yourself didn't put the Leafs line in tier one so how is it that they would be considered elite?
I'd say every other line you mentioned is better than that Leafs line.
Is Staal actually on Crosby's line this year?

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  12:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The report I heard is that Staal and Sykora are starting the year on the big line with Sid the Kid

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  13:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The report I heard is that Staal and Sykora are starting the year on the big line with Sid the Kid

WOW! There will be a lot of points on that line. That line should be in the tier 1.

Also the Nylander and Cammaleri line should have a good year if chemistry clicks.

No Sacrifice , No Victory!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  15:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

quote:

WOW! There will be a lot of points on that line. That line should be in the tier 1.

Also the Nylander and Cammaleri line should have a good year if chemistry clicks.

Nylander plays on Washington and Camallieri plays on Los Angeles.

[IMG]http://i20.tinypic.com/imjiaq.gif[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  15:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Willius - I think they are all elite lines. I think you may see that the Sundin line will put up more points than some of those tier 2 lines.

Beans - I think the Colorado top line is just starting with Brunette on the second. I've heard he will switch, which would seem logical if Hejduk does have chemistry with Stastny. The lines are a little hazy at the moment.

Also, I'm not sure if I would put Crosby's line up with the others. I'm not sold on Staal.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  11:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think you have to be sold on Staal. He's along for the ride, much like Antropov. Although I think Staal is a gamer and will give a different dimension to that line.

And I think Stastny and Brunette seem to have pretty good chemistry in the first game, Hat Trick for Stastny and Brunette assisted on all of them. Besides that, I can't think of too many GM's out there that would but Brunette ahead of Hedjuk on the depth chart. Hedjuk and Sakic have been playing together for years, and there is definate chemistry there.

Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

quote:

quote:

I didn't mean they were paying together. I meant that there line since there the centerman should have a good year.

Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  13:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

quote:

quote:

I didn't mean they were paying together. I meant that there line since there the centerman should have a good year.

Im sorry i misunderstood you Paintrain.

Go to Top of Page

Guest9459
( )

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  15:12:44  Reply with Quote
Number one power line is definately Heatly, Spezza, Alfredsson!
They produce points, and when they play well it helps the rest of the team play well. Not saying the rest of the team doesn't play well otherwise.
Although Skyora-Crosby- Staal line seems pretty threatning. They're a speedy, group of players who can score goals and produce points.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0441
( )

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  19:19:32  Reply with Quote
no man, it should be
Brunette-Sakic-Stastny Both Brunette and Stastny had huge first games(not that im counting out Smyth or Hedjuk) but both a three point night??
Go to Top of Page

Guest0347
( )

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  17:17:48  Reply with Quote
maybe people should stop posting things as "team" fans and start posting as hockey fans.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  06:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think the Atlanta first line is a Tier 1 line because they don't seem to have chemistry year after year. Also, the Gagne-Briere-Knuble line isn't proven yet, although by Christmas they will probably be Tier 1.

Buffalo's first line is still deadly, they're a speedy line that can produce and could be, if not should be, Tier 1. Stillman-Staal-Cole are going to have a good year too, so look out for that.

Leafs Pride Forever.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 10/08/2007 12:45:04
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  07:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd call you a homer if you weren't a leafs fan. I don't think Vanek's line is worthy of tier 1 recognition because they don't dominate games like the other lines do. Sure they willl get points but the other lines have more qualities I think. I'm optimistic about the Staal line. They might prove themselves and earn tier 1. It's
Go to Top of Page

Guest6383
( )

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  10:41:44  Reply with Quote
Straka-Drury-Jagr nuff said
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  12:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

I'd call you a homer if you weren't a leafs fan. I don't think Vanek's line is worthy of tier 1 recognition because they don't dominate games like the other lines do. Sure they will get points but the other lines have more qualities I think. I'm optimistic about the Staal line. They might prove themselves and earn tier 1.

LOL. Staal's line is gonna have a comeback year this year. I don't think that they will be Tier 1 but they will have a pretty good season.

Buffalo's line will be Tier 1 capable. Roy and Vanek will have a breakout year and they will push Afinogenov to play at his finest. Loosing Briere was a loss but I think that Roy can fill hi shoes without to many problems.

Leafs Pride Forever.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 10/08/2007 12:44:36
Go to Top of Page

Guest2402
( )

Posted - 10/18/2007 :  09:36:15  Reply with Quote
THATS WRONG!!

COLORADO THEIR SECOND LINE IS

SMYTH - STASTNY - HEJDUK!!

OMG OMG STASTNY IS AMAZING
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic