Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Boston
 Hawks vs Bruins Cup final.. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4627
( )

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  21:16:20  Reply with Quote
Im saying Bruins in 5 games .. Love the way that team is playing..


Im a Winnipeg Jets Fan threw and Threw........

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
573 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  21:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the refs let them keep getting away with sh#t then ya, easy win
Go to Top of Page

Guest0504
( )

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  22:14:05  Reply with Quote
No chance. Hawks just creamed an LA team that plays the same style as Boston and also has an amazing goalie.

Hawks in 5, maybe 6
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  07:22:15  Reply with Quote
Yeah, because Kane and Toews are so much better than Crosby and Malkin. Boston in 5
Go to Top of Page

Guest0504
( )

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  08:50:55  Reply with Quote
I don't think you could argue that Crosby and Malkin are better than Kane and Toews in this situation. In terms of recent playoff success, Chicago beats Pittsburgh handily.

You also seem to imply that these two players are the only goods on the team. Pretty ignorant to ignore the rest of the team when Chicago has proven that they can roll and score with all 4 lines and one of the best defenses in the league.

I would also argue that in the regular season Chicago was by far more consistent in its success than Boston.

Pretty comfortable calling Boston the underdog in this series. Hawks in 5
Go to Top of Page

Guest4822
( )

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  09:49:57  Reply with Quote
Chicago in 6.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  10:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Canucks fan, i find it hard to root for either team, though i think i respect the Chicago team's skill much more than the Bruins toughness. I think this has 7 games written all over it and though i give the edge in goal to Boston, i give the overall skill and balance to Chicago. I see it this way.....
Goaltending - edge Boston
Defense - even
Forwards - edge Chicago

If anything, i think the balance of d may favour Chicago slightly, but the Chara factor, and with that the fact he seems to play all 60 mins, evens out this matchup. Rask not only has played better and more consistently than Crawford thus far, but he's also been to the finals, even if it was as a backup. Up front, much respect to Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand (i just puked in my mouth as i typed that name), Jagr, Seguin, etc, but shutting down Chicago's balanced attack i think will prove more difficult than the Crosby / Malkin threat. I just think the supporting players in Chicago are much more well rounded for the playoffs than those in Pittsburgh were. I don't think we'll see Kane, Toews and Keith go pointless and i don't think you'll see the Chi PP go 0fer!

Chicago in 7

I'm not only picking this, i'm rooting for Chicago, and as a Canucks fan, that ain't easy! However, i just simply hate Boston more and would prefer to see Marchand crying over a cup loss than Dave Bolland!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  11:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
chi over bos in 7 games.....long series i think.

Fellow posters, whats ur thoughts ?
I`m in an hockey pool with 11 players left......6 Boston and 5 Chicago......1st place has 229 points ( he has 8 bos. left ) ..... , i`m the only one who can carch him, i have 220 points..........( 1 point for an assist and 1 point per goal )....

after cancellation players.....heres whats left

i have ..........................................he has
p. kane.................................m.lucic
j . toews.............................. n . horton
m. hossa
d. keith
p . sharp


i have 9 points to gain....what do u think ?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2268 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  11:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
think you got a fair shot duke as long as the series goes long,

I'm going to say a short series but with tightly contested games,

Predictions,

Rask appears human
Crawford shows he is just as good as Rask

Toews Kane and Sharp break out in a big way

Lucic and Horton have success against Chitown's D

and in 5 games the Blackhawks have another Stanley cup

Bickell win's the Conn Smyth signs a huge 5 year 5.5 million $ deal in the offseason and never lives up to it!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  15:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke, it's yours! Bet on it! Heck, you could catch him in one game with 3 goals! How much do you stand to win???


Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  17:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chicago in 5.

It's crazy how both were close to not getting past Toronto and Detroit.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Guest4674
( )

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  20:00:57  Reply with Quote
Boston shut down the best team/ 2 players in the game for 5 straight games how are thinking .. Hawks in 5 If i had a chance to bet you i would in a heart Beat...
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  21:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4674

Boston shut down the best team/ 2 players in the game for 5 straight games how are thinking .. Hawks in 5 If i had a chance to bet you i would in a heart Beat...



The hawks made the best goalie in the game look foolish.
Knocked off the previous Stanley cup winner.
They were the best team throughout the whole season.

And I don't know that Boston really did shut down the penguins... There were chances they just didn't score.


66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Guest4674
( )

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  23:32:51  Reply with Quote
That hawks record for the season is a JOKE .. ok they played and won as many games as they did But hell the never played then pen's,Boston,Ranger's. Devils Im sure the would have lost ..

I have the hawks in my Pool But Im worried about Crawford he has been really Shacky....
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  08:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4674

Boston shut down the best team/ 2 players in the game for 5 straight games how are thinking .. Hawks in 5 If i had a chance to bet you i would in a heart Beat...



What makes the Pens "the best team"? They may have 2 of the best players, and arguably THE 2 best even, but the best team? Goaltending from Vokoun was adequate and certainly good enough had the rest of the team performed up to their potential, but isn't it fair to consider the Hawks "the best team" after the season they had? Oh wait, you're going to punish them because they didn't play the eastern teams???

Also, when your argument is "Boston shut down the best.....blah, blah, blah...", you forgot to mention that the same Boston team needed a once in a lifetime 3rd period comeback to avoid being upset by the leafs in game 7 of round 1.

Oh, and how is it anyway, that the Bruins shut down this best team / 2 best players for 5 straight games in a 4 game sweep? FTR, the Pens won the season series 3-0.
Go to Top of Page

HawkinOilCountry
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
318 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  08:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is going to be a tight series. But I will be quite happy when Chicago (and my pool team) wins the cup in 6.

Rask is out of his mind good, but so was Quick (for all but 1 game).

Chara is the best defenseman on the planet, but as much as he seems to, he can't play all 60 minutes.

Chicago is deeper than Boston. I only give Boston an edge in goal.

I think Hossa or Sharp will be the series Hero this time around. Maybe Bickell.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  08:35:00  Reply with Quote
watch out for Marchand. I expect a career series.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4056
( )

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  09:21:15  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Alex116

As a Canucks fan, i find it hard to root for either team, though i think i respect the Chicago team's skill much more than the Bruins toughness. I think this has 7 games written all over it and though i give the edge in goal to Boston, i give the overall skill and balance to Chicago. I see it this way.....
Goaltending - edge Boston
Defense - even
Forwards - edge Chicago

If anything, i think the balance of d may favour Chicago slightly, but the Chara factor, and with that the fact he seems to play all 60 mins, evens out this matchup. Rask not only has played better and more consistently than Crawford thus far, but he's also been to the finals, even if it was as a backup. Up front, much respect to Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand (i just puked in my mouth as i typed that name), Jagr, Seguin, etc, but shutting down Chicago's balanced attack i think will prove more difficult than the Crosby / Malkin threat. I just think the supporting players in Chicago are much more well rounded for the playoffs than those in Pittsburgh were. I don't think we'll see Kane, Toews and Keith go pointless and i don't think you'll see the Chi PP go 0fer!

Chicago in 7

I'm not only picking this, i'm rooting for Chicago, and as a Canucks fan, that ain't easy! However, i just simply hate Boston more and would prefer to see Marchand crying over a cup loss than Dave Bolland!
Still sore about how he treated the "sisters" two years ago...LMAO!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  14:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4056

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

As a Canucks fan, i find it hard to root for either team, though i think i respect the Chicago team's skill much more than the Bruins toughness. I think this has 7 games written all over it and though i give the edge in goal to Boston, i give the overall skill and balance to Chicago. I see it this way.....
Goaltending - edge Boston
Defense - even
Forwards - edge Chicago

If anything, i think the balance of d may favour Chicago slightly, but the Chara factor, and with that the fact he seems to play all 60 mins, evens out this matchup. Rask not only has played better and more consistently than Crawford thus far, but he's also been to the finals, even if it was as a backup. Up front, much respect to Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand (i just puked in my mouth as i typed that name), Jagr, Seguin, etc, but shutting down Chicago's balanced attack i think will prove more difficult than the Crosby / Malkin threat. I just think the supporting players in Chicago are much more well rounded for the playoffs than those in Pittsburgh were. I don't think we'll see Kane, Toews and Keith go pointless and i don't think you'll see the Chi PP go 0fer!

Chicago in 7

I'm not only picking this, i'm rooting for Chicago, and as a Canucks fan, that ain't easy! However, i just simply hate Boston more and would prefer to see Marchand crying over a cup loss than Dave Bolland!


Still sore about how he treated the "sisters" two years ago...LMAO!!!!


Sore? Sure, i guess you could use that word. I would describe it as "still pissed that he got away with such actions" moreso than the fact he did it. Had the proper penalties been called, i'd have been happy with him doing it over and over and over......
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1878 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  15:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I am going out on a limb and picking Boston, but I think it will be a close series based on Chicago having home ice advantage. Boston is playing the best hockey they have played all season, while Chicago looks more human to this point in the post season. Boston had to play a perfect series against a Pittsburg team which had a good season record against the Bruins and was coming in hot. Chicago looked good in there wins against the Kings, but I would match the forwards in Boston against the Forwards in LA anyday. The defensman are bigger and better in Boston and I think the goalies are a wash. Chicago's regular season record mean nothing but home ice advantage in this series, as they got that record in the West and I think home ice will win them a few games, but Boston is my favorite to win.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4594 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  21:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be a great series, but I like Boston in 6 to win it at home.

Better goaltending, better defence "defensively", better overall team defence. I think Boston will have at least one, maybe two high scoring victories where Crawford gets exposed. And I agree with another poster, Marchand ready to break out, I think he has a good series.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

just1n
Rookie



245 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  22:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex, I couldn't agree with you more! I just can't cheer for the Bruins. I like some of the Hawks players, so I hope they win. I was hoping for a Penguins-Hawks final though, personally...
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  00:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by just1n

Alex, I couldn't agree with you more! I just can't cheer for the Bruins. I like some of the Hawks players, so I hope they win. I was hoping for a Penguins-Hawks final though, personally...



I was too....with a Pens cup victory of course. With the dregs that are left, we're left rooting for the Hawks. Yikes, don't tell the rest of the city.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9053
( )

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  05:10:11  Reply with Quote
What an amazing first game... Chicago has already doubled Pittsburgh's goal output. Hah!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
427 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  06:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indeed! Game one was great! Who would have thought 3 ot in the first game? Who wins the series? I am just going to watch and enjoy it!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Guest2492
( )

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  08:30:54  Reply with Quote
Nice comeback in game two for the B's, although were very fortunate to only be down by 1 goal after the first period. Jagr is so overdue.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  10:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't see the game, but looking at the boxscore, how does Chi go from 19 shots on goal in period 1, to 4 in the second and 5 in the 3rd (before adding 6 more in OT)??? Did Boston make some changes, or just play better? Neither PP has done a whole lot (i believe Boston has 1 pp goal and Chi 0?) and if one team can find some success there, you'll likely see that team capture the cup.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  10:46:35  Reply with Quote
I liked Jagr's pretaped player introduction (which they showed before game two), where each Boston player introduced themself, their place of birth, and their favourite player. Jagr (jokongly) picked himself as his favourite player, injecting the only bit of humour and personality into an otherwise monotone robotic segment.
Go to Top of Page

Oilearl
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  15:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked Boston in 6 pre series after the first 2 games ...... well I will stay with the pick. Should be a great final both teams are going for it!!

Bruins 6
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
573 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  15:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't chicago's disallowed goal have counted?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3586 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  23:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have decided that I hate CHI more than I do BOS, which means, in a sense, I'm cheering for the Bruins. I'm getting used to the taste of vomit in my mouth....

It has been a great couple of games so far though, and more to come I'm sure.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  21:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Memo to the Hawks, you won't beat the Bruins if you don't find your powerplay! Just ask the Canucks!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4409
( )

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  22:09:41  Reply with Quote
Another memo to the Hawks - you can't lose 40-16 in faceoffs and expect to win.

The Bruins have been the best faceoff team all season, and tonight they dominated the faceoff circle!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  00:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry for being so late getting back to you alex.....its not a huge money pool, local community thing.....a few hundred bucks.

Not so sure now though, hawks having trouble scoring.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8174 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  06:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

I liked Jagr's pretaped player introduction (which they showed before game two), where each Boston player introduced themself, their place of birth, and their favourite player. Jagr (jokongly) picked himself as his favourite player, injecting the only bit of humour and personality into an otherwise monotone robotic segment.




Let's not forget Jagr's killer playoff beard a la Wolverine. He seriously looks scary.


I haven't made any predictions for a few rounds. Not only was I terrible but what I really wanted was to see great hockey. I find that as soon as I pick a team I start cheering for them and I miss the wonder of fantastic playoff hockey.

I'm cheering for a great Cup Final. So far, I have picked the winner.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  16:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

sorry for being so late getting back to you alex.....its not a huge money pool, local community thing.....a few hundred bucks.

Not so sure now though, hawks having trouble scoring.



Have you gained on him at all? I didn't do the math? That Hossa "scratch" and a Rask SO sure doesn't help! Nor does the lack of points from Toews! Need a big game from him and Kane to get your confidence built back up!!!
Good luck to ya!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1040 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  18:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, no gain.....can`t get that big game...thx
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5794 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  00:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Nope, no gain.....can`t get that big game...thx



Ouch....with no gain to this point, i'm afraid my "Duke it's yours...bet on it" advice may be as about as good as my playoff predictions this year!!! Sorry pal...

Here's hoping for a 6-1 Chi win with a bunch of points from "your guys"!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page