Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 luongo's stats Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

butch33
Top Prospect

35 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  05:53:14  Show Profile
I have my pool set up so that goalies receive

win= 2
shootout win =2
overtime win=2
shutout =3

for some reason -luongo gets 4 points last night --so I dont know whats up with that , do you ?The game went to overtime and he won --so shouldnt he just get 2 points for an overtime win ?

in your pool set up and from a few back and forth emails with you guys it says that shutouts are the only goalie bonus points and that I should set up regulation wins,shootout wins,overtime wins if I want my poolies to get 2 points for any type of win

very ,very confusing

only the good die young

Guest6445
( )

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  07:23:07
We had a similar problem with our pool.

Luongo registered 5 points (one assist), and according to the setup of our pool he should only have 3. Same position with Toskala (should only have 2 points, but was given 4 as if he had a shutout).

Perhaps the OT win stat is now somehow additive (bonus) and not regular like it is supposed to be?
Go to Top of Page

butch33
Top Prospect

35 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  08:04:46  Show Profile
well its pretty simple to see what has happened , luongo was given credit for a regular win and an overtime win via whoever does the stats for this service .

just trying to nip it in the bud rather than find out halfway thru season that the stats are being misinterpreted.

only the good die young
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  08:34:28  Show Profile
You have to be relly carful when you are making your pool. Addditional points give yo extra points, so you got 4 points because a regular win was given (2 pts) and an additional 2 pts were given for an OT win. Take out the additional 2 points for OT win and everything should go back to normal.

Leafs Pride Forever.
Go to Top of Page

bmurph
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  09:20:25  Show Profile
leafsfan_101, are you a developer or admin for the pools stats, or was that just your opinion? If you are a person that determines how the pool works then I don't mind adjusting my pool rules, however if your not it would be nice if a developer/admin could clarify this.
I agree with the majority here (multiple threads have started over this issue), meaning that the points either need to change, or the wording on the site needs to change. If a team wins in OT, they obviosly didn't win in Regulation time, therefore if the site is going to explicitly mention "Regulation Wins", the goalie should only get points for a regulation win OR an OT win, not both. If the points remain the same as they do currently, the word "Regulation" should be taken out and just call it "Wins", then the "Overtime Wins" and "Shoot Out Wins" should display under the "Additional (Bonus) Points" heading, like the shut outs.
Either way, it needs to change. My choice would be to leave the wording as it is now, however only award a goalie for a regulation, overtime, or shoot out win, not multiple types.

leafsfan_101 ... are you a real leafs fan? What's with the image of Ovechkin?
Go to Top of Page

butch33
Top Prospect

35 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  09:36:09  Show Profile
leafsfan 101 is wrong

trust me

the boys who do the stats here entered both types of wins -regulation and overtime for toskala and luongo last night

this is from pikcup hockeys goalie section to boot

"4) Goalie stats - insert the number of points you want for each scenario. If you want 2 points for an OT win, then insert two points. Goalie points do not compound...except for shut outs which are bonus points."

only the good die young

Edited by - butch33 on 10/07/2007 09:39:16
Go to Top of Page

Grant1982
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  09:47:32  Show Profile
I have the same problem, and you are right it should be corrected.. the 2 points for overtime win should NOT be bonus points, I am recieving complaints from my poolies.. Please correct to make this an either-or and not a bonus point, thanks . Aside from this issue, everything else is working great, really appreciate the service!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  10:53:02  Show Profile
Hi everyone.

We had a duplicate win entry on the OT games last night. This caused the points from the OT games last night to be out of whack. ALSO...this had an affect on the TEAM points as well. We have corrected it and are running the system stats batch RIGHT NOW. So the stats should be updated in the pools within the hour. Very sorry for the invonvenience. From time to time we do make a mistake but it is caught within a few hours (much like this one)

Also please note that we reconcile our points frequently to maintain accuracy.

Thanks for the posts and the emails gang.

Any further discussion on this please email support@
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page