Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Gerber or Emery? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Senators315
Top Prospect

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  13:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Emery returns and plays well, who would you go to as your number 1 goalie?

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  22:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think if Gerber is riding a winning streak they will keep him in. But the first time he loses they'd throw Emery in. Win or lose, they'd keep Emery in for a while. I mean he'd get a lot more second-chances than Gerber.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  07:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I something else to think that Gerber hasn't lost in 16 regulation games and counting. Dating back to last year, he is 14-0-2.

Maybe Ray might not be pushed to come back to soon if Gerber keeps playing well. Or, Gerber might look good in a trade??

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  08:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Emery is their starter and when he returns that is what he should be. If Luongo got hurt for a while and Sanford played like a god, you would still put Roberto back in the net.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  10:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Emery comes back and plays well, I would rather have him in goal because he brings a bit more leadership and intensity to the games. But if he doesn't play well then obviously play who's gonna win you games.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Blower
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  14:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The truth is... they can't afford both Emery and Gerber so since Emery has proven himself by going all the way to the Finals last year, you keep Emery and you trade Gerber while he's hot and worth something. You get a good prospect or a first round pick but more importantly, you make room under the salary cap to get help at the trading deadline and you can also sign Spezza to a new contract. This team is set for several years of success with their core being under contract for the next 2 to 5 years. And they said Ottawa wouldn't be able to keep all their good players... hehehe!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  15:40:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They seem to be affording them both fine now, and still have about $3 million under the cap. I don't see money as the issue.

I personally would go with Gerber until he cools off or he can be traded. If he can stay consistant for the month of October, a team like TB might come calling.

I would say Emery is the guy long term just because he is younger and he proved he can play better than Gerber in the big games. However, if Gerber can get the Sens 10+ wins to start the season, why pull him??

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page