Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canadian expansion Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  11:07:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1882733-new-canadian-tv-deal-could-be-final-hurdle-on-road-to-nhl-expansion?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nhl

I have been waiting for something credible to come out which points to expansion. I would suggest the NHL is taking a long and hard look into NHL expansion into a 32 team league. My best guess is 50/50 Seattle or Southern Ontario team to balance the West more and (100%) a Quebec team to make TVR, (Quebecor/sun media), a major investor in the Canadian TV rights deal, happy.

So my question then becomes in a 32 team league with 1 team in the East, who would then be move to the west to balance out the map, again?

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  12:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Presently it is 16 in the East and 14 in the West. A team in QC would make 17 in the East, but if the 32nd team is in Seattle the difference would be the same as present and may well be left that way. If the other new team where placed in Ontario then someone would certainly have to shift over to the West and the only legitimate teams would be either Detroit or Columbus. Maybe even both to make it 16 in each conference.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2013 :  14:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Detroit fought pretty hard to get in the east. I would expect Columbus, Ohio to be the swing state if Seattle and Quebec get teams. That's my best guess.

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 12/11/2013 14:51:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page