Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 STATS UPDATE & SLOW SERVER!!! READ THIS! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  01:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we are having some server difficulties. The pools are all ok and the site is running, but it is brutally slow! Due to these server difficulties we are unable to update our stats this morning (Sunday). We will be running our stats update this afternoon instead. We are taking measures to minimize the possibility of this happening again (This is our 1st unplanned downtime in 5 years!) We apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue to improve and continue to offer the best FREE pools on the web! Thanks for the support!

Guest4943
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  05:06:00  Reply with Quote
thanks for the info and congrats on the low downtime figures. wish my picks had as good a record as your website.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  05:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update admin . No matter what the problem is, Pickuphockey is still the best site out there and i think everybody can agree with me when it comes to free online hockey pools. Thank you and, get the darn thing fixed!!!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  06:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least it's getting fixed. Five years running and one slow weekend is a pretty good record.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  13:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone. Seriously thanks for the support! I checked into it and it's actually closer to 7 years! :-)

Regardless, we do apologize for the slow/downtime. We're getting close to resolution now and we will have the stats updated today (fingers crossed)

Thanks for your patience!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6575
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  14:33:39  Reply with Quote
Are the stats going to be updated today? Your promised afternoon and it has passed without the update.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4948
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  15:53:36  Reply with Quote
I have 8 pissed off guys phoning me all day long to find out what's going on! Please remedy the problem before they demand to go to a different pool.

Best Regards,

The Bandwagon
Go to Top of Page

Guest0529
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  15:57:32  Reply with Quote
Just checking in...hoping the problems are getting sorted....Was a bit concerned to see that there WAS an update for the 14th today...BUT that the numbers are quite wrong....hoping this is a temporary glitch.
Cheers,
Uncle bobby pucks of La coupe
Go to Top of Page

Guest4247
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  16:26:00  Reply with Quote
Come on guys, this is a free pool....take it easy for a couple days. Like the admin said they are having some problems for the first time in 7 years....give them a break! They provide a great FREE service that most of us appreciate. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Keep up the good work guys!
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  16:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the info admin. Much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5158
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  17:03:23  Reply with Quote
Yes, everyone chill!!!Every site runs into to problems and I'm sure it will be business as usual. Thanks for the update Admin and keep up the great work
Go to Top of Page

Jayble
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  17:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just want to say that i've used this site for two years and your record is awesome! Just think you guys are doin a great job! Keep it up. All the people in my pool love it!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6575
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  18:11:37  Reply with Quote
Perfectly right this is a free pool site, at the same time people still do have the right to complain and express their feelings. People could just pick up and leave the site without complaining, at least some people care enough to say something. The site was slow for like 4 days, it should not take that long to resolve server problems. Nice to see normal speed again but the stats are still not up to date.

Peace :)
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  18:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The site is back to normal speed which is great. The only thing is, it doesnt look like the pools have been updated. Just wanted to see if they will be updated anytime soon?
Go to Top of Page

t_dog_lxi
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  18:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is frustrating when you have a big day and you keep loging on to see how much you've moved, only for it to take 15 minutes to load, and when it does, it's not even updated. I myself got to the point where I wanted to convince the guys to leave, but in reality it is a free service, and the season has just started. So I hope you get it updated soon, and I look forward to being here all season long.

BTW: It's not talking forever to load anymore. Now just for the stats update to arrive.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4247
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  18:55:14  Reply with Quote
I would imagine, now that the site seems normal again, the update will happen tonight with the regularly scheduled update. Just look tomorrow morning and I imagine it will be all fixed!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4523
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  19:54:46  Reply with Quote
my pool hasnt been updated in awhile but it says it has........can you fixer boys.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  19:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey gang, as you have all noticed we have resolved the performance issues.

I appreciate that everyone has their opinions here and they are welcome to express them. As I've stated above (and many of our long time members will agree with it) we have kept this site up and running for years with barely a blip so it is a record we're proud of. But eventually every run has to come to an end. Our slip-up came this weekend (turned out to be a software conflict). Again very sorry for the inconvenience!

And just to clarify the site has been running slowly since Saturday morning around 1am PST. So for approximately 40 hours (not 4 days like someone said above)

We are inputting stats feverishly and will update the site tonight.
Go to Top of Page

t_dog_lxi
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  21:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear, and while you guys are updating things, do you think you could slip me into 1st in my pool lol. Not to be too greedy, 2nd will do just fine
Go to Top of Page

Guest7583
( )

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  21:58:56  Reply with Quote
I feel really sorry for all whose worlds came to a complete and grinding halt when they couldn't check their precious hockey pools for a couple days :P
Good job Admins on keeping THE PEOPLE informed and getting the problem resolved.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  22:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OKEE DOKEE, we're close now. Server is humming along and the stats batch is running for Saturday's games right now. Don't count anything as official until tomorrow morning please, as we'll be double checking everything through the night.

(PLEASE no emails until after 11am PST tomorrow ok )
Go to Top of Page

Flamer
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  10:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything back to normal, awesome. Just one thing. Calgary's goalie stats are wrong. Kipper has 2 wins but only rewarded 1. Yes, I have checked the pool details and 1 point is rewarded for regulation win and ot win but shootout was at zero. But this should not matter considering it was an OT win not a shootout win. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. All us hockey pool junkies know how important 1 point is lol.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5499
( )

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  12:48:06  Reply with Quote
could you also take a look at shane o'briens stats from tampa bay. he wasn't credited with his assist and 5 penalty minutes from saturday.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Guest5499
( )

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  12:53:30  Reply with Quote
thanks for the quick update
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  13:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had planned on doing our point reconciliation this past weekend but with our server problems this got put aside. We will be doing it tonight. The stats will be 100% accurate and this rough patch will be over in the morning. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  13:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5499

could you also take a look at shane o'briens stats from tampa bay. he wasn't credited with his assist and 5 penalty minutes from saturday.

the system has his 5 minute fighting major input from Saturday.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  13:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flamer

Everything back to normal, awesome. Just one thing. Calgary's goalie stats are wrong. Kipper has 2 wins but only rewarded 1. Yes, I have checked the pool details and 1 point is rewarded for regulation win and ot win but shootout was at zero. But this should not matter considering it was an OT win not a shootout win. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. All us hockey pool junkies know how important 1 point is lol.

I hear ya! We'll do the reconciliation tonight and we'll be 100% in the AM.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  14:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just want you to know that I was able to ensure those in my pool, quite confidently, that the problems would be resolved very soon. Great job!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  16:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

Just want you to know that I was able to ensure those in my pool, quite confidently, that the problems would be resolved very soon. Great job!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.

Thanks Oil,

1) fixing the performance issue to get the site back up
2) updating the stats
3) reconciling the points

We're onto number 3 now!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4628
( )

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  17:46:45  Reply with Quote
I'm still having issues with Shane O'briens stats as well, missing 5 penalty minutes.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4471
( )

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  23:23:40  Reply with Quote
Running slow since Saturday, yeah right, apparently you did not try logging in during the week. It was slow from at least Friday and I would bet my life on it.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5294
( )

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  23:04:33  Reply with Quote
To the admin, Good Job on the site. It's great and must take a lot of work to maintain... To those whining, sniveling, bunch of babies.... IT'S A FREE SERVICE! Give the guys some slack the next time there is a problem! It's the nature of electronics! You're problem the same people who complain when you get a present on your birthday or at Christmas!

GOOD JOB ADMIN!!!! KEEP IT UP!

To the babies: Grow some balls and suck it up!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page