Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 It was 25 years ago tonight Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  17:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But I can remember it like it was last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7joXraUnpws

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  16:30:35  Reply with Quote
What an amazing accomplishment by Mario Lemieux! Records are made to be broken, but I don't think we will ever see a similar feat: five goals in one game, and in five different ways: even strength, short-handed, power play, penalty shot and empty net.

What kind of stats would have Lemieux have put up with the way they call the game today?

On his first goal in this clip, he was being held as he drove the net. And on his second goal, he kept going while being tripped, and scored while being hooked. No one was impeding his play on his other three goals, but one was a one-timer on the power play, the other was a penalty shot, and the last goal was a 2-on-1 as he put the puck into the empty net.

Another neat thing about the clip was his lack of celebration after scoring his fifth and final goal that night. Very classy player.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  16:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering the rarity of penalty shots I would say you may well be right. There aren't all that many chances to break this record. Everything would have to go just right; get a penalty shot and be ahead late so as to have the empty net opportunity.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page