Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Lucic - Spearing Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  17:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone see the latest Lucic spear? This time on Alexei Emelin? It didn't look totally vicous per se but, bad enough that i'd have thought the league would have at least fined him seeing as they already did so in round 1 when he speared Dekeyeser! In fairness, Emelin gave him a bit of a cross check just prior, but nothing you don't see 100 times per hockey game really?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/milan-lucic-accused-of-spearing-alexei-emelin-again--but-no-suspension-coming-155606401.html

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  18:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looked like a little whack more than anything (from the angle in the link)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  06:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a delicate, quick poke . . . but it's still a poke. Worth a minor penalty maybe, but it's one of those on the line things . . . definitely not something I'd call a spear.

Those are the tiny, dirty plays that happen constantly during the playoffs. Name a player, and surely you can bring up some dirty little facewash, nudge, stickslap, etc.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  06:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

It's a delicate, quick poke . . . but it's still a poke. Worth a minor penalty maybe, but it's one of those on the line things . . . definitely not something I'd call a spear.

Those are the tiny, dirty plays that happen constantly during the playoffs. Name a player, and surely you can bring up some dirty little facewash, nudge, stickslap, etc.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!

Yeah, kinda what I meant when I mentioned that Emelin did hive him a similar shot with a cross check. Only reason I brought it up is tjat the cross check thing we see all game long and if its just more of a shive with the stick its kinda accepted? However, a guy who just got fined/warned about stickwork and spearing in particular ought to be a little more careful especially for the same infraction! Lucic is def playing right on that "line" and if Monteal can win game 4, he may just cross it!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  11:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see it called as a 2 min or give the incidental minors, but I really want the NHL to instruct their refs to call a playoff game exactly how they call a regular season game,

game 4 of the habs vs. lightining i was obviously happy the habs won but the powerplay they got with 2 min left in the game was disgusting. Yes it was a penalty but they had let everything similar go since the 2nd period and then call that with 2 minutes left? deffinetly felt like a home team call to me. Infact the refs could easily have called incedental minors.

As a player it is imposible to gauge the line because its constantly changes in the playoffs, I would like to see them simply call it as close to the nbook as humanly possible.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page