Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 UPDATED Conn Smythe Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  11:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win the Conn Smythe Trophy?

Choices:

Anze Kopitar
Jeff Carter
Justin Williams
Drew Doughty
Henrik Lundqvist
Other

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  11:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously i can't and wouldn't change Slozo's earlier post but felt this one would be a real interesting vote now that we're down to the final 1 to 3 games. If the Kings go on to win it, there are 4 or 5 names that have been thrown around.

I'd put Gaborik as an option as well due to the fact he's leading in goal scoring, but i still think he's a long shot at best, therefore if he's your pick, you're stuck with "other". Lundqvist would obviously have to help the Rangers stage a nearly impossible comeback to win it but the other 4 are the front runners. Kopitar leads the playoff scoring race with 26 pts (5G 21A), Carter has 24pts (10G 14A) and Williams 24pts as well (8G 16A). Doughty has a very nice 17pts with (5G 12A) and he's been the stud dman that you'd expect him to be.

Having said all that, i don't think the Rangers will complete the comeback and i'm going with Justin Williams as he's had a ton of very important goals and assists at key times. Not to say the others haven't had some as well, but Williams just seems to show up at his best when they need him including the game 7's they've been through.

Any of these guys could win it though and i wouldn't be shocked!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2014 :  07:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good poll, deserves to be updated appropriately, I agree.

I voted Kopitar - just ahead of Doughty, for me.
Kopitar has been amazing, consistent, and scored (or ben in on) key goals in every single series. And his defensive acumen has been awesome . . . almost better than his offence, if that's possible (seeing as he leads all point getters).

Doughty comes a close third, largely because I don't feel he has been dominant this finals series as he was in each of the last three (admittedly haven't watched enough to give this opinion . . . so rip me apart at will). Quick has been very good, Williams with his overtime goals has been great as a huge support role guy, and Carter has been just as good too. But for me, it's been Kopitar the whole way, he's just been a revelation this year in the playoffs. Most underrated player in the league right now.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2014 :  17:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i say to early to tell? lol jk sorry slozo.

i agree with mr game 7 justin williams myslef the guy has been money when needed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page