Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2014/2015 Season Quarter-Pole Mark Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  13:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well guys, we've hit the 1/4 mark into the season. What have been the biggest surprises?

The big surprise in the West would have to be the Flames. I don't think anyone could have predicted they'd be this high in the standings right now. Can they keep it up? (and will the Oilers ever be any good ever again?) Nashville seems to be doing well under it's 2nd ever head coach as well.

In the East, I'm pleasantly surprised by the Islanders. I hope they can keep it up for a good season before they move to Brooklyn next year.

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2014 :  12:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys - is there any way to compare standings this season, a quarter way thru the season to last season at the same time? As pleased as I am with the Canucks so far, they were doing well at the same time last year as well as I recall... wanted to compare.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  17:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try this....

http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand.htm
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  16:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with both Calgary and Nashville as 2 of the biggest surprises, but for me the biggest shocker is just how legitimate the Islanders look. I picked them last year in a bet to have a year they are this year. After the disaster of last year I never expected them to play this good this year.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  21:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nashville doesn't surprise me one bit, They were missing one of the best if not the best goalie in the NHL for all of last season, not to mention they have the best defenseman in the league along with a terrific core of d men to support weaber, yes this team looked weak on offense but as good as they are everywhere else it does not shock me at all to see they are having success this season.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page