Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Brodeur - now what? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2015 :  09:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that Brian Elliott is back from injury in St. Louis, are the Blue going to keep 3 goalies around? Are they rotating them all? Or will Brodeur be traded?

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  13:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see Brodeur just retire, but if he doesn't want to retire, hopefully they will trade him. But I don't see a team in which he would come in a definitely be the number 1 right now and I cant think of a team in which having him would improve there position. His save % and goals against at 56th in the NHL right now, right behind St Louis's backup Jake Allen and far behind Elliot. Ending a Hall of fame career as a mediocre third stringer doesn't do anything good for his legacy. If he can't play good enough to be a number 1, I rather just see him retire and preserve his legacy.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  13:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about the Edmonton Oilers? Their goaltending is effectively non-existent. Neither Fasth or Scrivens is a 1st stringer by any stretch of the imagination. Brodeur could come in and offer that team the leadership and winning experience it desperately needs - just calm s*** down - while still at least not being worse in net than they already are. In fact the potential upside on his performance would be tremendous. At $700,000 a year he could replace Scrivens who makes $625,000.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  15:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Imagine Hall of Fame Brodeur coming in and laying a stinker in Edmonton, ending the finaly years of his career with stats similar to Fasth and Schrivens. Not the ending to the career I think Brodeur is looking for. If Brodeur was a few years younger or at least playing like it, I'd be onboard. I don't think Brodeur is still the goalie who can come in and be the difference between a 21.95% winning record team and a 50-60% winning record they would need to compete. If it happened, I would gladly eat crow, show up for a game and cheer. The difference between his career records and what would happen in Edmonton would be a lot to do with the team in front of him. For the majority of his career, he played with a shutdown good possession team, but I am not taking away from his talent level which "was" top end.
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  18:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would never want a legend like Brodeur to end his career in Edmonton (in the current state it is in). He deserves better.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page