Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Pens in trouble? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  11:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I post this because I think it is unfortunately a fairly accurate assessment.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/what-we-learned--why-the-penguins-are-in-trouble-125747961.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  13:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting that. Of all the teams in playoff contention the 1 team I would love to see miss the Playoffs would be Pittsburgh, with a close 2nd Boston.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  13:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, the only reason I would prefer Pittsburgh lose isn't because I dislike there team. Between Pittsburgh, Boston and Detroit, I like them the most, but I'd like for them to adjust next season into becoming more than a 2-3 man team. The only way that would happen is if they lose.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  07:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no great hate for Pittsburgh . . . well, maybe a bit, but . . . yeah, would love to see them drop out. I think it would be a fantastic story for Ottawa to make it in, simply from a hockey purist perspective. And, I think Pittsburgh needs re-jigging, and would LOVE to see what that team could do after a huge Malkin trade or something like that.

This is where I put in my obligatory Leafs trade for the off-season AFTER the Pens fall out of the playoffs:
Leafs - Malkin
Pens - Kessel, Bozak, pick

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  11:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bobby Ryan and Anderson for Malkin
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  15:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I have no great hate for Pittsburgh . . . well, maybe a bit, but . . . yeah, would love to see them drop out. I think it would be a fantastic story for Ottawa to make it in, simply from a hockey purist perspective. And, I think Pittsburgh needs re-jigging, and would LOVE to see what that team could do after a huge Malkin trade or something like that.

This is where I put in my obligatory Leafs trade for the off-season AFTER the Pens fall out of the playoffs:
Leafs - Malkin
Pens - Kessel, Bozak, pick

The pick might have to be a relatively high one, but I don't think that offer is far off! Imagine Kessel sniping with Crosby? Yikes!

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2015 :  09:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personlly as a habs fan i hope the Pens sit right where they are, I would love to see the sens make the playoffs but I do not want the habs to play the sens, Now the Pens thats a team ripe for a early playoff exit! let them finish 7th and the habs 2nd ,,, !! :)

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

defobust
Top Prospect

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2015 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty7...I agree that the Pens are ripe for the picking but I think the Pens matchup would be a very bad one for Montreal. Pittsburg prob right now is on the D end and their goalies have been inconsistant. But the one thing the penguins can do and will do in the playoffs is score and we both know Montreal will have a hard time filling the back of the net especailly if Max Patchoritty is out for any time during the playoffs.

I just think a matchup with Ottawa would be a even match-up for Monteal. Ottawa only really has two lines doing damnage at the moment. Yes a hot goalie but Montreal has the best goalie in the league so you win the matchup regardless. Plus Ottawa is gonna burn out soon. They have been playing some great high skilled hockey for months now but eventually its gonna catch up to them.

I still think that Ottawa will finish 8th and have to match-up with the Rangers. If that happens it could be a short series cause the rangers are playing so well and have such a great back end. Nonetheless Id love to see the Canadian teams represented and hope one can go on a run.

Sean K
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page