Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Most improved team after day 1 of the draft Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2015 :  12:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I'd bring up the topic after the first day to get opinion's of who looks like the most improved after day one. My thoughts would be the Oilers, but Buffalo has made a few good moves too. Those are the 2 sticking out for me but a few other drafts trades have looked pretty good as well.

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2015 :  21:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about anyone else but I couldn't access this site for the past few days?

I absolutely love what Buffalo did with the moves and acquisitions they made. Yes, Edmonton too, though you have to look past McDavid as he was gifted to them and I would have liked to see them get a more established Dman than Reinhart. In all honesty, I really wish the Canucks had moved up to get that 16 as I like Barzal! Having said that, we prob didn't have the assets available that it would have required. Same reason Benning says he didn't get involved in the Dougie Hamilton sweepstakes.

Speaking of Hamilton, what a great score for Calgary!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2015 :  09:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Buffalo seems to have made so many drastic changes over the last while, I think they are maybe the most improved team in 2015 for sure, ( not debating McDavid or Eichel lol ), edm sure has improved too but Buffalo , so many big moves !!!...... Other than the kessel deal, I wish the leafs were so bold
Guess u all can't wait for my opinion on the kessel deal #128526;#128526;#128526;
Well here it is ;
I would have liked for the leafs to have gotten at least 1 proven commodity but it is what it is. The leafs wanted kessel gone, every GM in the league knew it so there goes the bargaining power . Kessel apparently had an 8 team list he would go to so bargaining power chopped again . Of those 8 teams, I think Pittsburg was the only team who were serious about bringing kessel in, bargaining power gone to crap... Take this deal or keep kessel #128526;
In the end they will have gotten 2 mid - late 1st round picks ( one already in Kapanen , another to come ) ...maybe a decent to good d- man in Harrington plus a 3rd
Of course they lost a 2nd Rd pick and 2 prospects
Only time will tell wether or not either of these 4 assets will ever come close to kessels skill level , but the leafs have rid themselves of a player who seemed to have gotten lazy lately in Toronto and ( so they claim , but surely believable ) a player who seemed to promote a lack lustre effort in his last several months. Who knows, maybe this trade will turn out to be blessing for the leafs in the future
Anyway, kessel is gone, it's time to move on ... Now let's move phaneuf, lupul , bozak , and kadri..... Let a complete rebuild commence
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  12:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Yeah Buffalo seems to have made so many drastic changes over the last while, I think they are maybe the most improved team in 2015 for sure, ( not debating McDavid or Eichel lol ), edm sure has improved too but Buffalo , so many big moves !!!...... Other than the kessel deal, I wish the leafs were so bold
Guess u all can't wait for my opinion on the kessel deal #128526;#128526;#128526;
Well here it is ;
I would have liked for the leafs to have gotten at least 1 proven commodity but it is what it is. The leafs wanted kessel gone, every GM in the league knew it so there goes the bargaining power . Kessel apparently had an 8 team list he would go to so bargaining power chopped again . Of those 8 teams, I think Pittsburg was the only team who were serious about bringing kessel in, bargaining power gone to crap... Take this deal or keep kessel #128526;
In the end they will have gotten 2 mid - late 1st round picks ( one already in Kapanen , another to come ) ...maybe a decent to good d- man in Harrington plus a 3rd
Of course they lost a 2nd Rd pick and 2 prospects
Only time will tell wether or not either of these 4 assets will ever come close to kessels skill level , but the leafs have rid themselves of a player who seemed to have gotten lazy lately in Toronto and ( so they claim , but surely believable ) a player who seemed to promote a lack lustre effort in his last several months. Who knows, maybe this trade will turn out to be blessing for the leafs in the future
Anyway, kessel is gone, it's time to move on ... Now let's move phaneuf, lupul , bozak , and kadri..... Let a complete rebuild commence

I don't think the Kessel deal will ever amount to a player, also in the trade, at or near Kessel's value or worth, just a trade that had to be done to start the rebuild. Kessel is not enough to make Toronto a legitimate playoff team and if they didn't move him it would seem like to every hockey fan, that Toronto wasn't committed to rebuilding. That being said having him the lineup would have given the prospects in the system less pressure and other players being brought in thru other trades or free agency room to develop out of the spot light. Less pressure would have been place on coaching and management to immediately replace what Kessel brought to the Leafs. Having Kessel there would have always been the story, now guys like Kadri will have shorter leaches if they don't produce. I don't see patience working well in the average Toronto fan for this rebuild. I wish them luck and hope the pain is short lived, but by that I mean a few short years.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page