Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 and your money would be on? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  17:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mostly agree with this.

www.yahoo.com/news/m/f5f55fbe-cc8e-3141-97e4-970ac6d5cf76/who-vegas-is-picking-to-win.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  09:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So they are saying basically (without being clear)
1 Washington
2 Pittsburgh
3 Minny
4 San Jose
5 Columbus

I mostly disagree.

I can't put Washington as #1, despite how amazing they are . . . in the regular season. They haven't done it in the playoffs yet.

I would put Pittsburgh as my #1 right now, with Washington #2. But Minnesota and Columbus don't make my top 5 . . .

1 - Pens
2 - Caps
3 - Sharks
4 - Hawks
5 - Ducks

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  09:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I would invert Pittsburgh and Washington as you did then, Chicago, Minnesota, and San Jose.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota
5. San Jose

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  14:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would go
1 ) pitt
2 ) Wash
3 ) Chi
4 ) Min
5 ) Ana
San Jose dont make my top 5 , why should they. Havent won anything yet and getting old. Joe Thorthon has 1 goal this season on a goalie. He has a total of 4 goals , 3 empty netters.....1 real goal in 57 games , my oh my.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  09:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Pit (Class of the league at the moment. Crosby is on a mission and Malkin just returned)
2. Wash (OV has a big hurdle to get by in Sid and Geno)
3. Chi (Not overly impressive thus far, but not a team that knows better how to win when it matters)
4. Minny (Maybe a year away from serious contender just yet?)
5. San Jose (Veteran team who's window is closing but maybe Brent Burns can continue his Orr-like dominance and carry them?)

Honorable mentions
- Montreal (will be interesting to see how the return of Claude Julien could revive this team and especially Carey Price!)
- NYR (Very balanced team, but would prob need a Conn Smythe performance from Lundquist, something that wouldn't exactly shock the world!)
- CBJ (Young team that will prob gain valuable playoff experience, but needs to lose before learning how to win)

Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  09:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice some of you have ANA in your top 5, and I suppose for good reason. they're having another solid season. but I must ask, how are they doing it without either one of Getzlaf or Perry putting up any sort of significant points? i took Getzlaf in my pool this year and he's been very disappointing. he's currently 44th in points, while Perry is 56th. how do they keep winning without these two contributing like they usually do?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  10:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

I notice some of you have ANA in your top 5, and I suppose for good reason. they're having another solid season. but I must ask, how are they doing it without either one of Getzlaf or Perry putting up any sort of significant points? i took Getzlaf in my pool this year and he's been very disappointing. he's currently 44th in points, while Perry is 56th. how do they keep winning without these two contributing like they usually do?

Great question Gipper! The main reason is Kesler. The guy is playing like he did for the Canucks in 2011. For a guy who I figured was on the decline, he's been pretty awesome for them. He's by no means a huge scorer, though he is currently leading them in scoring but he's leading them in TOI and is being put in every crucial situation and performing and getting results. I know +/- isn't the be all end all, but Kesler is at +11 while Perry and Getzlaf are both -'s! He's def their MVP this year. Rickard Rackell is having somewhat of a breakout season for them and is leading them in goals with a very respectable 22. That's nearly a 40 goal pace over a full season.

Their D is pretty good, albeit unspectacular. Their depth is pretty good and even Bieksa is having a decent year loggin 19mins per game. Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm and the very underrated Manson, is a pretty solid top 4. Gibson's not been as dominant as expected, but he's been solid enough behind this team.

I don't have them in my top 5 but they could surprise come playoffs. Personally I think they'd have to move a young dman such as Theodore or Montour at the deadline and make a little splash if they wanna make the next step to true contender.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2017 :  15:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My rankings above are contingent upon the Penguins not continuing the kind of play they showed today!

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2017 :  12:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

1 - Pens
2 - Caps
3 - Sharks
4 - Hawks
5 - Ducks

Going with the safe picks I see Slozo. Surprised you didn't put LA in there too Just giving you the gears.

I do agree with Pittsburgh at the #1 spot. And despite my teasing above I do think that the Caps are a typically risky pick for the exact reason you stated - they just can't seem to do anything noteworthy come playoff time. But this year does seem to feel a little different, like maybe it's the year they take a legitimate run. I feel like I've said that before. sigh.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page