Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2018 Olympic Men's Hockey Winner Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  09:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think will win the Olympic gold medal in Men's Hockey? For bonus points, comment who will be in the final with them.

Choices:

Sweden
USA
Finland
Canada
Russia
Czech Republic

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  13:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll tell you this is a more difficult pick this year without the NHL participating. If NHL players were involved there are the usual suspects. I put up a post a week or so ago asking if anyone expected there to be any surprise sleepers. Turned out no one really had any idea and neither do I.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2018 :  09:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely love the Winter Olympics, I can’t wait for them every 4 years. This year has been no different. I’m like a zombie these days, up way too late watching them and then up early in the morning as well. I just can’t get into the mens hockey tournament like past years though. I really miss seeing the absolute best players representing each country. I’ve followed Canada’s games so far, but haven’t actually watched them. I watched speed skating and ski cross the past couple mornings instead. Hoping I’ll get more into the hockey once Canada (hopefullly) gets to the semis.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2018 :  18:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same here Ryan . ive watched just 2 periods of mens hockey . team seems pretty fast though .
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  07:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
been pretty solid so far with their only blemish being a SO loss to the Czech's. tough test ahead in the QF though when they play the Finns. with the winner more than likely playing Sweden.

in recent history I believe the Finns have been the most consistent as far as making the podium goes. may not have won gold, but I think only once (maybe twice?) since Nagano have they not medaled. of course that was with NHL players, but nonetheless. Canada will need their A game for sure.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  06:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canada with a QF win over the Finns, will now play Germany in the semi-final. massive upset win over the Swedes!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  14:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Germany? What the heck? And they deserved to be there too. Well done. Just didn't see that coming.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  15:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Germany? What the heck? And they deserved to be there too. Well done. Just didn't see that coming.

And so I suppose the answer to my post is Germany is the surprise sleeper in these games.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  16:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely! So I created this pool, and it is perhaps my personal worst call in NHL hockey (Well maybe the Golden Knights not making the playoffs is a little worse lol!)

quote:
Originally posted by umteman

quote:
Originally posted by leigh

And so I suppose the answer to my post is Germany is the surprise sleeper in these games.

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  16:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notice I didn't even put an "Other" option in the list because there was "no possible way any other team could win1" Oh man!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  17:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I know silver is the best the German's have ever done in Olympic hockey. I wonder if the Russian's drug tests have come back yet - Germany may yet end up with the Gold by default!

Edited by - umteman on 03/03/2018 08:58:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page