Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 Stats Update Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest7675
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  07:35:24
Whats wrong with Pickup Hockey? All everyone wants is 1 game updated and you guys arent updating it. Its disappointing when you have Kopitar and Visnovsky in your pool and your waiting for there points to be updated. This is my first year here and its ridiculous how many times I will log in only to see no updated stats. If your not gonna update stats your going to see some mad people and maybe not as many pools next year.

Guest5526
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  07:45:26
I have to agree with guest 7675 even though that guest sounds really bitchy about hockey,it's gonna be ok there big guy, take a deep breath.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  07:53:41  Show Profile
Oh C'mon guys, they're having issues, but remember this is a free service. You want something more reliable, no one's stopping you from paying for this service somewhere else!

A delay in one game isn't going to cause the world to explode. It's a long season and we're less than a quarter of the way through. Relax.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0490
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  08:05:39
Well said hkalirah - we're all avid hockey poolers here and instant gratification would be great but let's not forget what we're paying for the service. These guys have been extremely responsive in the past when things went askew so I'm sure they are working their tails off to get this fixed for us. Hang in there...

Go to Top of Page

Kyrens gpa
Top Prospect

14 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  08:07:00  Show Profile
I think,only because, unlike others, I can, it probably is not pickup hockeys problem but the nhl stats department. The NHL loves its money, so it only takes a second to reason, they should be making money on all the hockey pools and fantasy pools,after all, it is their stats. Something for free, does not happen in this day and age anymore, this site is great,it is free and you can tell the admin puts in time to make it a worth while place to pool,good job admin...................of course, I can wait ,since I am so far ahead in our pool.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  08:32:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7675

Whats wrong with Pickup Hockey? All everyone wants is 1 game updated and you guys arent updating it. Its disappointing when you have Kopitar and Visnovsky in your pool and your waiting for there points to be updated. This is my first year here and its ridiculous how many times I will log in only to see no updated stats. If your not gonna update stats your going to see some mad people and maybe not as many pools next year.

Considering what you are paying for the service, maybe you should lighten up a tad. I've used this service a few times now, and they've been absolutely great for the most part. A couple little issues and people start to freak out.

Maybe you are under 20, so this might not resonate, but I'm old enough to remember the days when we got the newspaper, highlighted the players who were drafted, and counted that way. Suddenly, the day's delay on Kopitar doesn't seem to bad now, huh?

So chill a bit, dude.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  09:40:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7675

We are well aware of the ramifications of our current slow but sporadic stats update problem and we are very motivated to fix it. Please keep posts of this nature in the current thread...

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2970
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page